- Chosen by People Magazine one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world 
- Former cosmetics model.
- Worked at McDonalds and Pizza Hut as a teenager.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world. 
- Her mother, Paula, died in 1981 (caused by chronic alcoholism).
- In 2000, she filed suit against Wal-Mart for displaying her picture in several stores without permission.
- Received an honorary Doctor of Letters degree from Lander University in Greenwood, S.C. for her dedication to the Graham Children's Health Center. [8 May 2001]
- Announced her engagement to Atlanta jewelry businessman (and childhood friend) Rhett Hartzog; they plan to marry in November in Asheville, North Carolina. [26 July 2001]
- A son, Justin, born in 1986 and 2 daughters, Rainey born in 1989 and Sarah Margaret in 1995.
- Spokesmodel for L'Oreal cosmetics and haircare
- In her first film, (Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984)), her southern accent was so heavy that her voice was entirely dubbed by Glenn Close.
- Measurements: 33-24-35 (1984 Elite model card), 34-25-35 (1988 model card), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She is scheduled to receive a Medal of Honor in the Arts at Winthrop University on October 22nd, 2004. She attended the University for two semesters in the late 70s, only to have been told she wouldn't go far in acting.
- October 7th 2004 - Filed for divorce from childhood friend businessman Rhett Hartzog after nearly 3 years of marriage.
- Has a half-brother and a stepsister
- Shares a birthday with Charles Grodin.
- Engaged to businessman Kevin Geagan. [January 19, 2006]
Photos of Andie MacDowell are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.