- She is a vegetarian.
- While filming the movie Amistad in Montreal during the summer, she made a sidetrip to Toronto to film 5 TV commercials for the telephone company of her old hometown in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She delivers the commercials in a variety of costumes in her Canadian accent rather than her New Zealand one. 
- She keeps her Oscar in her bedroom closet so her friends won't see it and feel the need to comment on it.
- She enjoys photography.
- Family moved to New Zealand when Anna was 4.
- Has a brother, Andrew Paquin(a film producer, with whom she is working on 'Blue State') and a sister, Katya.
- She plays the cello.
- Father, Brian, is a physical education teacher. Mother, Mary, is an English teacher.
- Her parents are divorced.
- Hobbies: rugby, running, playing the piano, singing, gymnastics, swimming, downhill skiing, reading, and knitting
- Enjoys listening to alternative music
- When she was younger, she wanted to be the Prime Minister of New Zealand, or a lawyer
- Is the first New Zealander to receive an Oscar for best supporting actress, and is the second-youngest Oscar winner ever
- She still hasn't seen all of The Piano (1993).
- Is a fan of the Beatles
- She has 2 cats and 1 dog
- Speaks French
- Graduated from Windward School in West Los Angeles, California in June 2000; she completed the school's community service requirement by working in an LA soup kitchen and at a special education center.
- One of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars under 25" 
- college classmate of Julia Stiles.
- Is a fan of the alternative rock band Nine Inch Nails
- She was the original choice to play the character of 'Enola' in 'Kevin Costner's "Water World ." But, eventually, the role fell to Tina Majorino.
- Attending Columbia University 
- In 1996, when she went on the "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993) to promote her upcoming movie Jane Eyre (1996), David Letterman had a surprise for her. He told Paquin to climb into a magician's box, claiming he was going to show her a magic trick, but once she was restrained in the box, with only her head and feet exposed, he slipped off her shoes and tickled her feet.
- When on a talk show, the host told her he would give her $10,000 if she could shoot a basketball into a hoop. She did, but he refused to pay. After bad press he gave her the money which she donated to charity.
- Played the daughter of Jeff Daniels in Fly Away Home (1996) and then his romantic partner in The Squid and the Whale (2005) nine years later.
- Was number 93 on vh1's "100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005) (mini)
- Has kept in close contact with Shawn Ashmore (Iceman/Bobby Drake) and Aaron Stanford (John Allerdyce/Pyro) after filming X2 (2003).
Photos of Anna Paquin are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.