- Children with Warren Beatty: Kathlyn (1992), Benjamin (1994), Isabel (1997), Ella Corinne (8 April 2000).
- Publicly criticized Hillary Rodham Clinton's 2000 bid for a seat in the Senate representing New York as the work of an opportunist.
- Studied at San Diego Mesa College, and completed her drama degree at San Francisco State University. Studied at San Francisco's American Conservatory Theater and joined its acting company.
- Nominated for a Tony for "Coastal Disturbances" in 1987.
- High School: Patrick Henry High, San Diego, CA. Parents Live in San Diego. Two brothers, Brad and Byron Bening, and one sister. She is the youngest.
- Annette was a very shy girl when growing up, however she was very sincere and very friendly. Also very outgoing. She has been married once before. She struggled in Hollywood for about five years before finally getting a break. She was a drama student at Patrick Henry High School.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1990" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 42. 
- Was the first choice to play the role of Carolyn Burnham in American Beauty (1999).
- At the The 63rd Annual Academy Awards (1991) (TV), host Billy Crystal introduced Bening by saying, "She'll soon be appearing as none other than Catwoman in Batman Returns (1992)", a part that the studio gave to Michelle Pfeiffer when Bening became pregnant.
- Sister-in-law of actress/producer/director/writer Shirley MacLaine.
- Aunt of actress Sachi Parker.
- Measurements: 34-25-35 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Was three times a real estate agent: in Regarding Henry (1991), American Beauty (1999) and What Planet Are You From? (2000).
- Appeared on "The Sopranos" (1999) as herself and was married to actor John Heard in the episode.
- She said that her idols are Helen Mirren, Frances McDormand, Liv Ullmann, and Ingrid Bergman.
- Has appeared in three different Mike Nichols films. They are Postcards from the Edge (1990), Regarding Henry (1991) and What Planet Are You From? (2000).
- Was the subject of an urban legend claiming that she had been the model for the Columbia Pictures logo. This rumor was untrue but so widespread that Bening, herself, told Roger Ebert that she believed it to be true.
- Was nominated for Broadway's a 1987 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Play) for "Coastal Disturbances."
- Hired to play the romantic lead in the sitcom "Just In Time". After the first table read, the producers fired her saying they "wanted to move the character in a new direction". She was replaced by Patricia Kalember.
- During an early part of her career in New York, she auditioned for a part on the soap opera "Loving". A screen-test was offered, and after thinking about it, she declined to pursue the matter.
- Formerly a board member of the small L.A. theater company "The Actors' Gang."
- Shortly after Bugsy wrapped up production Anette learned she was pregnant with hers and Warren's daughter Kathlyn.
Photos of Annette Benning are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.