- Received the Women's International Center (WIC) Living Legacy Award in 1988.
- Started career as the "Phone Girl" on Al Jarvis's afternoon TV show in L.A.
- James L. Brooks offered her the role of Helen Hunt's mother in As Good as It Gets (1997). She turned it down because she objected to the treatment of the dog in the film.
- Beloved frequent guest celebrity/panelist on numerous game shows, including every version of "Password" (1961), "The Hollywood Squares" (1966), "Match Game 73" (1973), "The $10,000 Pyramid" (1973), and countless others.
- Per her autobiography, White was named "Betty" at birth not "Elizabeth" because her parents did not want her to be saddled with any of the nicknames and derivatives of Elizabeth -- i.e. Beth, Liza, Ellie, etc.
- Moved to Los Angeles when she was only two years old.
- Played the same character, Rose Nylund, on four different TV series: "The Golden Palace" (1992), "The Golden Girls" (1985), "Nurses" (1991), and "Empty Nest" (1988).
- Is an avid Animal Rights activist and is a sponsor for Farm Animal Reform Movement and Friends of Animals.
- Attended the same high school as Angelina Jolie, Michael Klesic, Nicolas Cage, Lenny Kravitz, David Schwimmer, Jonathan Silverman, Gina Gershon, Rhonda Fleming, Jackie Cooper, Rob Reiner, Antonio Sabato Jr., Pauly Shore, Michael Tolkin, Corbin Bernsen, Elizabeth Daily, Albert Brooks, and Crispin Glover.
- Is strongly critical of reality television.
- Admits to having surgery before "The Golden Girls" (1985), even though the program was about growing old and not having a problem with it.
- Parents' names were Horace and Tess White.
- Is of German and Greek ancestry.
- Is an avid animal welfare activist and works with a number of organizations; including the Los Angeles Zoo Commission, the Morris Animal Foundation, and Actors & Others for Animals.
- Betty was originally considered for the role of the sexpot, Blanche, on "The Golden Girls." However, Betty had already been the aggressive Sue Ann Nivens on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and Rue McClanahan had played the introverted Vivian on "Maude." It was thought best not to have these two actresses reprise similar characters. Therefore, Betty got the part of naive Rose Nylen and Rue played the oversexed Blanche.
Photos of Betty White are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.