- Singer / songwriter.
- Has one son, Sindri (in 1986), with her ex-husband Thor Eldon. His birthday marked the creation of their (with others) band the Sugarcubes.
- Dated Tricky
- Dated Goldie
- Was stalked by a man who suffered from severe mental problems. He attempted to kill her by mailing her a book that had been hollowed out and filled with an explosive device. The police intercepted it before she received it. The stalker committed suicide.
- Has gone on record saying she will never make another movie, due to the difficulties she faced making Dancer in the Dark (2000).
- As of September 2002, MTV has ranked Björk's music video Pagan Poetry (2001) (V) as one of the channel's most controversial videos ever as it depicts several shots of not only Björk's breasts, but also multiple body piercings and mutilations covering her arms and back.
- Daughter, Isadora born October 3, 2002.
- In recognition of her contribution to promoting Iceland abroad, the government gave her the island of Ellidaey, off the coast of Iceland.
- Wrote the song "Bedtime Story" for Madonna's album Bedtime Stories. Madonna had asked Bjork to sing the song with her, but she declined.
- Received much criticism at the 73rd Annual Academy Awards when she arrived on the red carpet with her now famous "swan dress" which "laid an egg" literally -- a large ostrich-sized egg dropped from under it!
- Ranked #36 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Her favorite housework around the house is washing clothes because that's when a tune usually comes into her head.
- A short scene of Bjork's video 'Big Time Sensuality' can be seen in the movie Vanilla Sky (2001) in a vision sequence Tom Cruise has.
- In 2002, her mother, Hildur Runa Hauksdottir, went on a short-lived hunger strike to protest against the development of an aluminum smelter at Reydarfjordur, on the Icelandic coast. Reydarfjordur was the setting of one of her music videos.
- Before she was famous, she worked odd jobs at an antiques shop, a bookstore, a Coca-Cola bottling plant where her job was to check for cleanliness, and a fish factory during the easter break in 1984.
- Some of her favorite movies include Tampopo (1985), An Angel at My Table (1990), Sweetie (1989), and Blechtrommel, Die (1979).
- Is good friends with artists Madonna, P.J. Harvey and Tori Amos.
- Former boyfriend Stephane Sednaoui directed some of her music videos and live performances.
- Director Harmony Korine wrote the lyrics for the song 'Harm of Will' from her album 'Vespertine'.
- Has been quoted as saying that Story of the Eye by surrealist writer Georges Bataille was her main inspiration and reason behind the broken eggs featured in her Venus as a Boy music video.
- Has one son, Sindri (in 1986), with her ex-husband Thor Eldon. His birthday marked the creation of "The Sugarcubes".
- Shares a birthday with Jena Malone, Goldie Hawn, Rachel Rogers, Nicollette Sheridan, & Juliet Mills
- She was named the world's most eccentric star in a poll by the BBC in January 2006.
- In February 2006, Bjork visited Banda Aceh in Indonesia for two days as a goodwill ambassador to the victims of the 2004 tsunami.
- Mad TV character Miss Swan (played by Alex Borstein) is partially based on her.
Photos of Bjork are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.