- Her real name, Gitte is pronounced Ghee-Te
- Dropped out of school at age 16 with her parents' permission to model in Paris.
- She speaks four languages: Danish, Italian, English and German.
- She was rumored to have turned down $ 1M for spending a night with an Arab prince. (July 1997)
- The now bankrupt New World Studios hired her to pose for promotional photos highlighting the Marvel Comics character She-Hulk in 1989 to distribute as a possible movie. Though the pictures garnered much fan interest, they failed to produce interest in financial backers.
- Released some dance music singles (titled "No more turning back" in 2000, "Tic Toc" in 2001, You're no lady" featuring the drag-qeen RuPaul in summer 2002), but she used the name Gitta, and not her real name.
- Measurements: Reported to be 36B-24 1/2-36 1/2 at the time of her wedding to Sylvester Stallone. Enhancement surgery resulted in a 41DD-23 1/2-37 figure in 1989. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her manager was the American dancer David Buonantony.
- Son by Mark Gastineau, Marcus (b. 1990). A defensive end with the New York Jets, Gastineau announced his retirement on 20 October 1988 citing "personal reasons". He subsequently claimed it was because Nielsen, whom he left his wife for, was suffering from cancer. Much later, he admitted he had twice tested for steroids and was afraid of the bad publicity from a third positive test.
- Son Julian born in Copenaghen on April 1984 by her first husband, Danish musician Kasper Winding, studies music like his father and lives in Denmark. Son Killian, by footballer Mark Gastineau, lives with her and 4th husband Raoul Meyer together with the other two sons from her marriage to Meyer, Douglas Aaron, born on April 19, 1993 and Raoul Jr., born on May 21, 1995.
- Brother Jan was born in 1965.
- Was engaged to New York Jets defensive end Mark Gastineau from January 1988 to April 1990
- Swam for many years when she was young
- Dad Svend (died in 1999) was an engineer. Mom, Hanne, was a librarian
- Her favorite movies are A Beautiful Mind (2001) and I Am Sam (2001).
- Her favourite city is Paris
- Her favorite writers are Wilbur Smith and 'Ken Follet' .
- Her favorite book is "A Place Called Freedom" by 'Ken Follet' .
- Her first son Julian (b. 1984) married Sine Thybeak Hansen on April 19, 2004 in Copenaghen in the same day and at the same age of his mother when she married Julian's father, the musician Kasper Winding.
- Her first apartment in Los Angeles belonged to actor Armand Assante
- Engaged to Sylvester Stallone from April 1985 to December 1985, the month in which the two married.
- Her third husband, the photographer/director Sebastian Copeland is Orlando Bloom's cousin.
- She was briefly considered for these roles: Jane Porter in Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984); Maria Sofia of Austria in _'O Re (1989)_ ; Gayle in BattleQueen 2020 (2001). In order, the roles went to Andie MacDowell, Ornella Muti and Julie Strain.
- While she acted in Domino (1988), she was pregnant, a pregnancy that she lost during the shooting of the film. The film was shut down for two weeks while she recovered.
- Her natural hair colour is light brown and she has green/brown eyes.
- Escaped death after cancelling a flight on the plane wich crashed at Milan's Linate airport. (October 2001)
- She was briefly considered for the role of Fran in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004) which went to actress Missi Pyle.
- On Howard Stern's show, she said that she had a relationship with Arnold Schwarzenegger during the shooting of Red Sonja (1985).
- Was engaged to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1985.
- She spoke to her former mother-in-law Jackie Stallone for the first time since 1987 after they both appeared as contestants on "Celebrity Big Brother" (2001) in January 2005.
- She left her first husband and child in Denmark to find fame in America (1985)
- Ex-husband Sylvester Stallone was so "obsessed" with her appearance, he had her image carved into their furniture.
- She is engaged to Italian bartender Mattia Dessì since April 2004. They met in a restaurant in Lugano on April 12, 2004. Mattia is 15 years younger than Brigitte.
- She remains good friends with Flavor Flav.
- When she was 10-years old she got up every morning at 4:30 to deliver bread from the local bakery before she went to school.
- Met her 3rd husband Raoul Meyer three times before they married: the first time in 1980 but she was engaged to Luca Rossi, a famous Italian top-models boss, the second time in 1987 when she was divorced but Raoul was engaged, and the last time in May 1992, in their friend's villa on the lake of Como in Lombardia, Italy.
- In February 2005, she credited Flavor Flav with saving her life, when he dialed 911 as she suffered a severe morning asthma attack.
- Ivana Trump was her witness at her second marriage to Mattia Dessi
- Married Mattia Dessi for a second time on the Mediterranean island of Malta
- According to the Guiness Book of World Records, she is the tallest actress, 6' 1", in a leading role (along with Sigourney Weaver, Mariel Hemingway and Geena Davis)
Photos of Brigitte Nielsen are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.