- In February 2000, she appeared [with Girl, Interrupted (1999) costar Winona Ryder] in "The Vagina Monologues", reading a chilling story of a Bosnian woman's rape camp experiences.
- During the filming of Girl, Interrupted (1999), the filmakers had to reshoot the scene in which Winona Ryder finds her after she commits suicide, because Winona was too good and Brittany couldn't help crying.
- Was set to star in a biopic of Janis Joplin, but the film was grounded over battles for the rights to Joplin's songs. She had won the role over Courtney Love and Emily Watson.
- Her favorite music is Jazz, especially Cole Porter. She also likes TLC, Björk, Beck and The Rolling Stones.
- Made the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine in 2003. That cover shot shows how much her look has changed since becoming an actress. She began her acting career as a slightly rotund brunette and has transformed into a svelte blonde cover girl. She has constantly denied rumors that she has had plastic surgery.
- Ranked 32nd on the Maxim Hot 100 in 2003.
- In the early 90s, she was the lead singer in her band, called "Blessed Soul".
- Her mom, Sharon, is a survivor of breast cancer.
- Her date to the high school prom was Jonathan Brandis of "SeaQuest DSV" (1993) fame.
- Engaged to talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz. (August 2004) broke engagement but the two remain friends [January 9, 2004]
- Presenter for the 61st Golden Globes.
- Eric Balfour was a member of her band, "Blessed SOul", in the '90s.
- Attended the following schools: Verne Fowler School of Dance, Colonia, New Jersey Herbert Hoover School, Edison, New Jersey Valley Professional School, Los Angeles, California John Burroughs High School, Los Angeles, California
- One of her first jobs was for a commercial for Skittles.
- Sang in the opening act at the 2002 MTV Movie awards.
- Wore her own dress and red lipstick to the premiere of Clueless (1995) because she didn't know about stylists.
- Is half Italian (from her paternal side), a quarter Irish, and a quarter Eastern European (both from her maternal side).
- Former girlfriend of Ashton Kutcher
- She's a huge fan of Tears for Fears and stars in their new video "Closest Thing to Heaven".
- Named #8 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Engaged to Joe Macaluso over Christmas, 2005.
- Sings on Paul Oakenfold's hit single "Faster Kill Pussycat" [Highest UK chart position no. 7, June 2006]
- In May of 2006 her single "Faster Kill Pussycat" with Paul Oakenfold reached Number 7 in the UK singles chart.
Photos of Brittany Murphy are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.