- The name "Kallista" means "most beautiful" in Greek. "Callista" (her spelling "Calista") is an Anglicization.
- Graduated from Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ in 1988, with a BFA in theatre
- One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People 
- Graduated Shawnee High School in Medford, NJ. While there she was a cheerleader and was active in the student council. 
- Named after her great-grandmother
- Calista's Mother, Kay, was a high school English Teacher. Her father, Ronald, was an executive at Kraft Foods. She has one older brother, Gary.
- 13 December 2000 - Calista collapsed on the set of her TV show, _"Ally McBeal" (1997). It was announced she suffered from dehydration and exhaustion and had nothing to with her thinness, that many have attributed to bulemia.
- Adopted a baby boy she named Liam. [11 January 2001]
- Dated director Sam Mendes in the late spring and summer of 1999.
- Had a dog called Webster. He was her best friend until he died.
- Engaged (2002) to Harrison Ford.
- One of the nine Rutgers alumni who are inducted into the Rutgers Hall of Distinguished Alumni on 3rd May, 2003. Calista graduated from the Mason Gross School of the Arts in 1988.
- Best known for her role in "Ally McBeal" (1997)
- Is of Irish, English and Italian descent
Photos of Calista Flockhart are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.