- Daughter of Edgar Bergen
- Mother is Frances Westerman (Frances Bergen), a former model, brother is Kris Bergen a film and TV editor
- Born at 9:52pm-PST
- First female host of "Saturday Night Live" (1975).
- Auditioned for the role of "Elaine Robinson" in The Graduate (1967).
- Daughter, Chloe Malle (b. 1985)
- She was kicked out of the University of Pennsylvania after failing 2 subjects. She said that she failed one of those classes, art, because she simply couldn't get to her 8 am class on time.
- 2000 - New husband Marshall Rose is a New York real estate magnate.
- Is a vegetarian.
- She came to Sidney Lumet's attention for The Group (1966) when the director spotted her in a Revlon advertisement hawking lipstick. He thought she was clutching a leopard, though it was really just a leopard print pillow.
- Measurements: 33-24-34 (as starlet), 34-25-35 (during "Murphy Brown" (1988)) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In the late 1960s, she was the companion of music producer Terry Melcher. At one point, they leased a house in Bel Air. In 1969, they moved into a house in Malibu, and the house they vacated was leased by Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate. It was in that house that Tate and four other people were murdered by members of the Manson Family. The fact that Melcher had agreed to produce a record for Charles Manson and backed out of the deal led to speculation that Melcher was the intended target of the killers.
- Is good friends with actress Christine Kaufmann.
- In 1995, after receiving her 5th Emmy Award for her role as Murphy on "Murphy Brown" (1988), she declined any future nominations for that role. She received a total of 7 consecutive nominations for the role.
- Is fluent in French
- A photographer and photojournalist as well, Candice had a brief but telling cameo as famed photographer Margaret Bourke-White in Richard Attenborough's grand-scale biopic Gandhi (1982).
- She made instant headlines in 1992 when then vice-president Dan Quayle criticized "Murphy Brown" for creating the storyline of Murphy having a baby out of wedlock. Quayle suffered a fair amount of backlash for his remarks and "Murphy Brown" continued to be a highly popular show, right up to its last season in 1998.
Photos of Candice Bergen are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.