- Checked into substance-abuse program, addiction to prescription drugs. [October 1998]
- Co-wrote the 1997 Annual Academy Awards Ceremony presentation.
- Daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.
- Father Eddie Fisher left when she was 3 years old to marry Elizabeth Taylor.
- Has a daughter Billie Catherine (with Bryan Lourde) born in 1992.
- Half sister to Joely Fisher.
- Brother is Todd Fisher.
- Half-sister of Tricia Leigh Fisher.
- The punk rock group "Blink 182" wrote a song called "A New Hope" in which Fisher's character "Princess Leia" is the lead singer's dream girl.
- Made stage debut in the chorus of "Irene" (1975) starring her mother, Debbie Reynolds.
- Half-sister-in-law of Christopher Duddy.
- Attended The Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
- Appeared in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001), which also starred Mark Hamill. It was the first time the two had starred together since Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). Neither of them knew the other was involved in the project until shortly after filming had been completed.
- She did her very first European signing in London, England in a hotel libary on Saturday 3rd August 2003. It was an exclusive one-day signing, tickets limited to 500.
- She allegedly disliked the "bagel bun" hair style she wore in the original Star Wars (1977), but she didn't say anything about it because she was afraid that director George Lucas would get angry and fire her.
- When asked what her favorite moment from the Star Wars trilogy are, she replied that her favorite moments were the arguing scenes between her and Harrison Ford.
- Along with her writing career, she also became a successful re-writer of movie scripts, saving many troubled productions.
- Is a long-time friend of Miguel Ferrer. He helped her prepare for her Star Wars (1977) audition.
- Stood on a box for many of her scenes with Harrison Ford in the Star Wars trilogy, owing to the fact that she was roughly a foot shorter than him and didn't fit into the frame.
- Former stepdaughter of Connie Stevens.
- Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and spoke on this topic at the American Psychiatric Association's Annual Meeting in May 2004 in NYC to thousands of psychiatrists.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film Undiscovered (2005), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- Weighed 7lbs 2ozs at birth
- Mother, Debbie Reynolds, lives with her.
Photos of Carrie Fisher are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.