- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#38). 
- An archetype for Gallic beauty, she succeeded Brigitte Bardot as the model for Marianne, the symbol of the French Republic seen on French coins and stamps.
- Ranked #89 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Has a son by Roger Vadim: Christian Vadim (b. 18 June 1963).
- Has a daughter by Marcello Mastroianni: Chiara Mastroianni (b. 28 May 1972).
- Catherine is the third of four daughters born to the French actors Maurice Dorléac and Renée Deneuve (whose name she uses).
- Sister of Françoise Dorléac and Sylvie Dorléac.
- She liked Breaking the Waves (1996) by Lars von Trier so much that she wrote a personal letter to him, asking him for a role in a film of his. The result of this is her part in Dancer in the Dark (2000).
- Has never performed in the theatre due to stage fright.
- Festival tribute at the Créteil International Women's Film Festival, France. 
- Was once fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent's muse, who dressed her for the films Belle de jour (1967), Chamade, La (1968), Sirène du Mississipi, La (1969), Un flic (1972), and The Hunger (1983).
- Had a brand of perfume named after her
- Measurements: 33 1/2-24-35 (1965 - "My bust is small."), 34 1/2B-25 1/2-36 (in 1985) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She speaks fluent Italian and French, as well as semi-fluent English and German.
- Marilyn Monroe is her favorite actress, and The Misfits (1961) is her favorite movie starring Marilyn.
- Vice president of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1994
- Is a grand-mother. Her grand-daughter is named Anna.
- Mother-in-law of singer Benjamin Biolay.
- Her role in Sirène du Mississipi, La (1969) was played by Angelina Jolie in Original Sin (2001), the American remake of the movie.
- Published her diary "A l'ombre de moi-meme" (In my shadow), in which she writes about the shootings of Indochine (1992) and Dancer in the Dark (2000) (2005).
- Sang duets with Bernadette Lafont (1975), Gérard Depardieu (1980), Malcolm McLaren (1993), Joe Cocker (1995) and Alain Souchon (1997). In 1981, she released an album with songs of Serge Gainsbourg.
- Designer of glasses, shoes, jewelry and greetings cards.
- Member of the international jury of the Shangaï Television festival in 1988.
- Her performance as Séverine Sérizy in Belle de jour (1967) is ranked #59 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- She had a relationship with 'Francois Truffaut' in the 1970s. When the relationship failed, Truffaut had a nervous breakdown. Deneuve attended his funeral in 1984 and later appeared in 8 femmes (2002) with Fanny Ardant, who was Truffaut's partner at the time of his death and the mother of his youngest daughter.
- Head juror of the 2006 Venice Film Festival.
- She and Marcello Mastroianni made five movies together: Cent et une nuits de Simon Cinéma, Les (1995), Liza (1972), Touche pas à la femme blanche (1974), Ça n'arrive qu'aux autres (1971) and Événement le plus important depuis que l'homme a marché sur la lune, L' (1973)
Photos of Catherine Denueve are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.