- When she was 15 her father attacked her mother, and her mother shot him in self-defense. He died, but her mother was not charged in the incident.
- First language is Afrikaans, English is spoken as her second language.
- Appeared in the May 1999 issue of Playboy Magazine
- Became a fashion model at age 14.
- Named one of "People" magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People 
- Turned down the female lead in Pearl Harbor (2001) to star alongside Keanu Reeves in Sweet November (2001).
- Auditioned for the female lead in Showgirls (1995).
- Dated Stephan Jenkins, lead singer of the band Third Eye Blind. [January 1998 - July 2001]
- Was ranked 4th of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan (2001).
- Placed #1 on Beautiful People Internet Poll, narrowly beating Cameron Diaz in #2 and Kate Beckinsale in #3. The photo featured on the site was the famous 'Diving Board' photo.
- Both her parents are Africans, born and raised in South Africa. However her father is of French descent and her mother of German descent.
- Voted the 12th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine September 2002.
- Measurements: 36B-24-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Used hypnotherapy as an aid to quit smoking.
- Was named after her father, whose name was Charles.
- She gained 30 pounds to play Aileen Wuornos in Monster (2003)
- On the show, "Sunday Morning Shootout" (2003), it was revealed that her manager discovered her in a Hollywood bank after he witnessed her yelling at a bank teller for refusing to cash her check.
- Won the Best Actress Oscar for her performance as Aileen Wuornos on what would have been Aileen's 48th birthday. (29 February 2004)
- After winning her Oscar, she returned to great celebrations in her native South Africa, and she even met former South African President Nelson Mandela. When he praised her for putting their country on the map and gave her a hug, Theron broke into tears (she was guest of honor at the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg on March 11th 2004).
- One of the first movies she ever went to see at the theater was _Splash (1984)_ . She confessed that after watching the movie, she felt jealous of Daryl Hannah and developed a crush on Tom Hanks. She even said to herself that she could have played the role of Madison better than Daryl Hannah.
- She has been dating Irish actor Stuart Townsend since August 2001.
- Has said her favorite actor is Tom Hanks.
- In 2004, injured her neck while filming Æon Flux (2005). Luckily, the injury wasn't serious enough to put her in the hospital, but it did shut down production for several weeks.
- As a teenager in her native South Africa, she learned English by watching American TV.
- At the 2005 Golden Globes she was sporting a new dark hair color. She is a now a member of the celebrities who have dyed their hair from blonde to brown (or black). They include, among others, Mary-Kate Olsen, Nicky Hilton, Mandy Moore, Renée Zellweger, Christina Aguilera and Ashlee Simpson.
- She was the first person to sign on to be a presenter at the 77th Annual Academy Awards.
- Second actress (the first was Kim Basinger) to win an Oscar after appearing naked in Playboy magazine.
- Met fiancé Stuart Townsend on the set of Trapped (2002)
- She is the first African to win an Oscar. Cecil Kellaway was the first African to be Oscar-nominated
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [September 29, 2005].
- Named #15 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was listed as a suggestion in the Worst Actress category for her performance in the film Æon Flux (2005). However, she failed to receive a nomination. (Had she gotten the nomination, she would have been the first person to be nominated for both Leading Actress awards at the Oscars, for North Country (2005), and the Razzies.)
- Named #4 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- One of the first movies she ever went to see at the theater was Splash (1984). She confessed that after watching the movie, she felt jealous of Daryl Hannah and developed a crush on Tom Hanks. She even said to herself that she could have played the role of Madison better than Hannah.
Photos of Charlize Theron are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.