- Her parents divorced after she filmed Addams Family Values (1993). She has not spoken with her father since.
- Is on the national board of VOX-Voices for Planned Parenthood, which works to promote the mission of Planned Parenthood to young adults. She will also be appearing in national ads for Emergency Contraception.
- Had to turn down the role of Ronna in Go (1999) because of scheduling conflicts.
- Her father, before becoming a lawyer, was a psychiatrist who specialized in shrieking therapy. While growing up, Christina could hear the therapies through the vents in her room, and would act them out in front her mother.
- On December 4 1999, she appeared on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) as the guest host, in which she parodied Britney Spears and the Olsen twins. During one of her skits, she accidentally punched actress Ana Gasteyer in the face. The skit was a parody of the "Sally Jessy Raphael" (1985) show, in which she played a 13-year-old runaway who sleeps with dogs, and required her to fake-punch Sally (Gasteyer), but accidentally hit her for real. While she initially reacted by putting her hands over her mouth in surprise, she maintained her professionalism and quickly fell back into character.
- Drives a Porsche Boxster.
- Was originally slated to play the lead in Ghost World (2001), but by the time it was filmed she was too old for the part and had moved on to other projects. Thora Birch took over the role.
- Co-hosted a 10 volume educational video series entitled "Bug City" in 1998.
- Tiny at just over five feet, Ricci stopped growing when she was ten years old.
- Nicknamed Squant by her siblings because of a childhood fascination with the Native American hero Squanto, who helped the first European settlers in America.
- She was the fourth child of Ralph and Sarah Ricci. Her siblings are Dante, Pia and Rafael.
- Her best friend is actress Gaby Hoffmann.
- First nude scene was in the movie Prozac Nation (2001) in which she requested a closed set and had co-star Michelle Williams present to ensure that she did everything properly.
- Auditioned for the role of Young Amy in Little Women (1994) and Claudia in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994). Both roles went to Kirsten Dunst instead.
- Never formally studied acting.
- Was personally thanked by Monster co-star Charlize Theron at the 2004 Academy Awards.
- Presented "Best Kiss" with Ashton Kutcher at the 2001 MTV Movie Awards.
- Presented an award at The 71st Annual Academy Awards on March 21, 1999.
- Wore braces when she was younger.
- Underground Hip-Hop heroes Sean Daley (of the group Atmosphere, who makes many references to her in his lyrics) and MURS have released a collaborative album entitled "Felt: A Tribute to Christina Ricci".
- Audtitioned for the role of Ellie Creed in the film Pet Sematary (1989), but lost the part to Blaze Berdahl.
- Her paternal grandfather was of Italian descent. The remainder of her ancestry is Scots-Irish.
- Finnish doom metal band Reverend Bizarre's song 'Goddess Of Doom' is a tribute to her, with the first part being a homage to the actress.
- As of February 2005, has been on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) seven times.
- Was roommates with Michelle Williams whilst filming Prozac Nation (2001) with her.
- Originally had the part of Desi Brable in O (2001), but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. The part ended up going to Julia Stiles.
- Was considered for the role of Velma Dinkley in Scooby-Doo (2002).
- Is good friends with her Sleepy Hollow (1999), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), and The Man Who Cried (2000) co-star Johnny Depp.
- Won Favorite Actress in a Horror Film for Sleepy Hollow (1999) at the 2000 Blockbuster Entertainment Awards and Favorite Supporting Actress in a Suspense for Bless the Child (2000) a year later at the 2001 Blockbuster Entertainment Awards.
- Pennsylvania rock band Anthrophobia has a song about Christina on their 1999 release, "In The Zero To 3 Movement." The song is called "Ricci" and it appears as track 3.
- Auditioned for Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York (2002).
- Favorite poets are Dylan Thomas, Edgar Allan Poe and Rainer Maria Rilke.
- Her favorite bands are the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Tom Petty, The Ramones, The White Stripes, Wheezer, REM and Pixies. She also likes 80s Rap.
- Her favorite movies are My Own Private Idaho (1991), Pulp Fiction (1994), The Lord Of The Rings, Gangs of New York (2002) and The Hours (2002).
- Her favorite actress is Amanda Plummer and her favorite actors are Viggo Mortensen and James Woods.
- Her favorite shows are "The X Files" (1993),"Law & Order" (1990), "The Simpsons" (1989), "Friends" (1994) and "Will & Grace" (1998).
- Was turned down four times for the role of Lolita in Lolita (1997), which eventually went to Dominique Swain.
- Turned down the role of Lauren in The Rules of Attraction (2002) because of the rape scene in the beginning, which she found gross and offensive. Shannyn Sossamon took over the role.
- Finds comfort in falling asleep watching The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).
- Says that The Ice Storm (1997) was the first role she really wanted and eventually got.
- Is on the national board of VOX-Voices for Planned Parenthood, which works to promote the mission of Planned Parenthood to young adults.
- Is, to the day, 30 years younger than Michael Ironside.
- Was number 97 on vh1's "100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005) (mini)
- Received the Half-Life Award at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on June 16, 2006 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Photos of Christina Ricci are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.