- Completed 2 years at Yale University pursuing a degree in psychology but never finished (2002)
- Dated actor Matt Damon. 
- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world. 
- Flew to L.A. for the casting of Schindler's List (1993), after she was discovered for the role in "My So-Called Life" (1994). Steven Spielberg finally gave her the role but had to turn it down, because they weren't willing to give her tutoring in Poland.
- Was banned from the Philippines in Sept 1998, for making derogatory remarks about the country. The President of the Philippines condemned her publicly.
- Auditioned for the role of Lisa in Girl, Interrupted (1999).
- Was considered for the title role in Lolita (1997).
- Auditioned and was the first choice for the role of Rose in Titanic (1997).
- Once said in a Vanity Fair article that at university, she is interested in psychology, philosophy, and art history.
- The most frequently used title for articles about her has been "Great Danes".
- Has at least 4 songs written about her. The Ataris' "My So Called Life" (album: "Look Forward to Failure" EP), Size 14's "Claire Danes Poster" (self-titled album), The Five Mile Line's "Claire Danes" ("Busride Home" demo) and "Claire Danes", a low fi indi ballad by John Parker Music which was released on Subversive Records Limited in 2004.
- Parents are Chris & Carla Danes.
- Attended the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute.
- Is the younger of 2 children.
- Has an older brother, Asa.
- Attended the Professional Performing Arts High School in New York City. Other alumni include singer/dancer/actress Britney Spears, actor Lee Thompson Young and actor/singer/dancer Chris Trousdale.
- Her letter of recommendation to Yale University was written by Oliver Stone, her director on U Turn (1997).
- Grew up in SoHo.
- Her mother is an artist while her father is a photographer.
- Her mother ran a daycare center out of their Soho loft called Danes Tribe.
- Started studying modern dance at the age of six.
- She and Billy Crudup became a couple during the filming of Stage Beauty (2004).
- Broke up with Ben Lee after beginning a relationship with Billy Crudup
- Loves watching The Golden Girls reruns.
- Her older brother is a corporate lawyer.
- Is mentioned in actor Ryan Prince's song "Life" from his 2003 album "Live and Funked Up".
Photos of Claire Danes are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.