- Nightlife columnist Belissa Cohen sued Love for "assault, battery, negligence, and intentional infliction of emotional distress" resulting from an incident involving Cohen's attempt to photograph Love at an LA fashion show. [28 May 1998]
- Daughter of Hank Harrison
- Has one daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, (b. 18 August 1992)
- Linked romantically to Edward Norton. [1996-1998]
- Auditioned for the role of Nancy in Sid and Nancy (1986) but was given the small role as Gretchen instead.
- Love's biological grandmother is children's author Paula Fox.
- Godmother of daughter Frances Bean Cobain is Drew Barrymore.
- Alex Cox gave her bit parts in her first two films (Sid & Nancy and Straight to Hell), starting her movie career.
- Has admitted to having extensive plastic surgery on her face and body.
- Love suffered a miscarriage. She refused to name the father. [15 May 2001]
- Her legal name since February 24, 1992 has been Courtney Michelle Cobain, though she uses the name Courtney Love professionally.
- It was announced that Love's band, 'Hole', has broken up. [May 24, 2002]
- 4 February 2003: arrested at Heathrow airport in London for disorderly conduct on an aircraft flying from L.A. She was given a caution. She had flown to London for a performance at The Old Vic Theatre
- Measurements: 35C-26-36 (after "lifting" in 1995), 34B-25-35 1/2 (implants removed 1997), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Took ballet as a child through her teens and has had extensive surgery done on her feet (due to injuries).
- Was in the early weeks of pregnancy during the filming of Trapped (2002) but miscarried.
- Ranked #68 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- October 2003: Lost custody of her daughter after her arrest in Los Angeles on cocaine and illegal-prescription drug charges. Court officials placed 11 year old Frances Bean into the custody of her paternal grandmother, Wendy.
- Though the band denies it, she insists she inspired the song "Crush With Eyeliner" that appeared on the 1990s R.E.M. album "Monster".
- Was a member of the band Sugar Babylon
- Released her solo album, "America's Sweetheart" in February 2004
- The Nirvana song "Heart-Shaped Box" is about her
- The song "Malibu" (1998) was written specifically for Kurt Cobain.
- In 1998, Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins helped produced the album, "Celebrity Skin".
- 20 October 2004 - Pled guilty in a NYC court to disorderly conduct for striking a fan, Gregory Burgett, in the head with a microphone during a concert. She was ordered to pay $2,236 in medical expenses, to attend a drug-treatment program, remain drug-free and commit no crimes for a year.
- Was in the process of being divorced by Kurt Cobain at the time of his death.
- 11 January 2005 - An LA court ruled she could regain custody of her daughter, Frances Bean. She lost custody to her mother-in-law in October 2003 as a result of drug charges.
- 10 February 2005 - An LA court gave her three years probation after she pled no contest to attacking a woman at her ex-boyfriend/manager's house. Although accepting the plea, she maintained she did nothing wrong.
- Beat out Angelina Jolie for the lead role in Lovelace
- Dedicated Hole's My Body, The Hand Grenade CD to her late husband Kurt Cobain and former Hole bassist Kristen Pfaff, who died of a heroin overdose.
- She wore an antique silk dress that had once belonged to actress Frances Farmer to her wedding with Kurt Cobain.
- Is a skilled ballerina and her dance abilities can be seen in "The People VS. Larry Flynt" and in a music video for "Hole."
- Great-granddaughter of screenwriters Elsie Fox and Paul Hervey Fox.
- According to her mother Linda Carroll, her stage name originated because Linda called her "Courtney, love" as a child.
Photos of Courtney Love are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.