- Daughter of a meat-packer
- Born at 5:15pm-EDT
- Turned down the Glenn Close role in Fatal Attraction (1987).
- Graduated from Oliver Wendell Holmes Junior High School, Northridge, California, in 1970.
- Graduated from James Monroe High School, Sepulveda, California, in 1973.
- Had a romance with then-Governor of Nebraska Bob Kerrey during the filming of Terms of Endearment.
- Sister-in-law of actor/writer Jim Howard.
- Mother of Noah Hutton with Timothy Hutton
- Measurements: 34B-23-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Has a second son named Babe (with Arliss Howard).
- James L. Brooks wrote Broadcast News (1987) especially for her, but she turned it down because she was pregnant with her son Noah, and the role went to Holly Hunter.
- At first, she was excited about winning the role of Wonder Girl on the TV series Wonder Woman (1976) but quickly became disillusioned and spent all her salary from the show to hire an attorney to get her out of her contract.
- Didn't like working with Lynda Carter on "Wonder Woman," but Lynda said that they didn't have any problems and was like a big sister to her.
- She was given the choice of the two roles in Black Widow (1987); she chose the role of the FBI agent, because she didn't understand the motivation as to why the Black Widow kills, so the title role went to Theresa Russell.
- She became notorious for turning down worthy roles in quality films, such as Kathleen Turner's role in Peggy Sue Got Married (1986), Susan Sarandon's role in Bull Durham (1988), Michelle Pfeiffer's role in The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989), Jessica Lange's role in The Music Box(1989), and Geena Davis' role in A League of their Own (1992).
- Originally cast as Jane Craig in Broadcast News (1987). The role eventually went to `Holly Hunter' .
Photos of Debra Winger are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.