- While living in Germany in the late 60s, she became a regular in the Berlin production of musical "Hair."
- Speaks German fluently
- Only person to have guest hosted American Bandstand
- Her daughters are Mimi Sommer (born 1974) and Mimi's two half-sisters Brooklyn Sudano (born 1981) and Amanda Sudano (born 11 August 1982).
- Was the first artist to score three consecutive US #1 albums.
- Donna is also an exhibited (and highly regarded) artist and her paintings sell for tens of thousands.
- Measurements: 34 1/2-25-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her orgasmic 16 minute song, "Love To Love You Baby", was the first extended release single, the mother of all dance maxi-singles.
- She charted 21 #1 hits on the Billboard Disco/Dance charts, over a period of 25 years.
- In the summer of 1979, she became the first female artist in music history to have two hits in the Billboard Top 3 at the same time (with Hot Stuff and Bad Girls.) She did it yet again in the fall with a #1 duet with Barbra Streisand and #2 hit Dim All the Lights .
- She & writer-producers Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte created an electronic, dance driven sound that was the forerunner of today's "techno" music. Upon hearing the 1977 song, "I Feel Love", Iggy Pop declared it the "future of music." Samples still continues today most notably in Madonna 's 2000 hit single "Music".
- Bruce Springsteen, a great admirer of Donna Summer, wrote 2 songs for her. The first one, "Cover Me", he decided to use on his "Born in the USA" LP. The second song, "Protection", Donna recorded, and Bruce Springsteen & band supplied the music track. Donna & Bruce actually recorded the song as a duet, but that version has never been released.
- Ranked #37 on VH1's Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Held the most ranked dance songs on VH1's 100 Greatest Dance Songs with "MacArthur Park" at #89, "I Feel Love" #76, "Love To Love You Baby" #63 and "Last Dance" at #6.
- Mother of Mimi Sommer and Brooklyn Sudano.
- Sister of Mary Ellen Bernard.
- Cites her 1978 hit "Last Dance" as her favorite of her past recordings.
- Became a grandmother in 1997 when daughter Mimi gave birth to a baby girl, Vienna.
- Daughter of Andrew Gaines and Mary Ellen Gaines.
- Is one of seven children (has 5 sisters, 1 brother).
Photos of Donna Summer are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.