- Her daughter's name is Gaia Romilly Wise.
- On Saturday 4th December 1999 Emma gave birth to her first child with boyfriend Greg Wise and jokingly called her "jane.com".
- Living with Greg Wise. 
- Ranked #91 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Graduated from Camden School for Girls, and the all-women Newnham College of Cambridge University with a degree in English (1982)
- Cambridge Footlights Revue (198?) with Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry.
- She co-wrote, co-produced, and co-directed Cambridge University's first all-female revue "Woman's Hour" in 1983.
- Elder sister of Sophie Thompson.
- Was named to the Board of Advisors for Cincinnati Shakespeare Festival (previously Fahrenheit Theater Company) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Her mother is Phyllida Law, who has appeared in several movies with her.
- Father is stage director Eric Thompson.
- Was originally slated to play the role of "God" in Kevin Smith's Dogma (1999). She was unable to perform due to her pregnancy.
- Turned down the Jodie Foster role in Anna and the King (1999).
- She was initially cast as the lead in Basic Instinct (1992), but refused later on. About Sharon Stone's appearance she said: As far as I can see, from Sharon Stone's love scene in "Basic Instinct", they molded her body out of tough Plasticine. She was shagging Michael Douglas like a donkey, and not an inch moved. If that had been me, there would have been things flying around hitting me in the eye.
- Speaks French and Spanish fluently.
- Lives across the street from her mother and down the street from her sister.
- Her brother-in-law is Richard Lumsden, a British actor-comedian.
- She was ranked fifth in the 2001 Orange Film Survey of greatest British film actresses.
- One of only ten actors who have been nominated for both a Supporting and Lead Acting Academy Award in the same year for their achievements in two different movies. The other nine are Fay Bainter, Teresa Wright, Barry Fitzgerald (nominated in both categories for the same role in the same movie), Jessica Lange, Sigourney Weaver, Al Pacino , Holly Hunter, Julianne Moore and Jamie Foxx. Holly Hunter received her double-nomination in the same year that Thompson did.
- Has one song dedicated to her and named after her, on famous French singer Georges Moustaki's album, "Moustaki", released in 2003.
- She is the only person to have won Academy awards for both acting and writing. She won Best Actress for Howards End (1992), and Best Adapted Screenplay for Sense and Sensibility (1995).
- Accepted the role of Professor Trelawny in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) to impress her daughter, Gaia.
- Shares birthday with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) co-star Emma Watson.
- Read English Literature at Cambridge.
- Keeps her Oscar statuettes in her bathroom
- Her performance as Miss Kenton in The Remains of the Day (1993) is ranked #52 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
Photos of Emma Thompson are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.