- Excerpts from her 1999 autobiography in major American magazines revealed that her one-time lover, actor Jeff Chandler, was obsessed about dressing in women's clothing. Williams' revelations about Chandler angered many readers.The book also revealed Williams took LSD under a doctor's supervision after Cary Grant recommended it.
- Sister of Stanton Williams
- In the 1950s she was known as "America's Mermaid."
- Filed a lawsuit against MGM for use of some footage in That's Entertainment! (1974).
- Her movie career played a major role in the promotion of competitive and synchronized swimming, which she is credited with popularizing.
- Co-producing Aquaria, a Las Vegas water spectacle set to open in 2003. 
- Measurements: 36-26-36 (as a champion swimmer), 38-27-34 (filming Million Dollar Mermaid (1952)), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Children: Benjamin, Kimball and Susan.
- Met fourth husband, Edward Bell, at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles.
- She lent her name to a brand of swimming pools that are still sold today, Esther Williams Pools.
- Son Benjamin Gage was born August 6, 1949
- Son Kimball Gage was born October 30, 1950
- Daughter Susan Gage was born October 1, 1953
- Before her stint in MGM musicals, she had been training as a competitive swimmer, and probably would've participated in the 1940 and/or 1944 Olympics (she would've been 18 and 22 years old respectively) if World War II hadn't canceled them.
- Longtime friend of June Allyson.
Photos of Esther Williams are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.