- Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world. 
- Sold her Spanish house to Alfred Gough and now lives in Malibu.
- She was admitted to Los Angeles's Cedars Sinai Hospital on 21 June 2000, after doctors diagnosed her with uterine cancer. But emergency surgery caught it early as it was only at Stage 1 and she didn't have to have radiation or chemotherapy. She has been given a clean bill of health and no post-operative treatment has been ordered.
- Is of Italian and Russian-Jewish Descent.
- Went to Hillcrest High School in Queens, New York, as did her former husband, Peter Marc Jacobson.
- Her father, Mort Drescher, has appeared on "The Nanny" (1993) on more than one occasion.
- Owns a chocolate Pomeranian named Esther Drescher, who often appears on "Living with Fran" (2005) as Esther the dog.
- Measurements: 34B-24-34 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- A Patient Advocate on the External Advisory Board for the M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre in Houston, Texas. Also the 2002 recipient of the Public Service Award from the Gynecologic Cancer Foundation.
- Became good friends with Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon, after co-starring with them in the 1983 film, Doctor Detroit (1983).
- Abides by a dairy-free diet.
- Was told that she'd never make it in this business unless she lost her thick New York accent.
- Famously bumped into the then-president of CBS, Jeff Sagansky, on a plane trip to Paris. She convinced him to hear her and her husband Peter Marc Jacobson's ideas for a television show. After impressing him with her persistence, intelligence, and charm, "The Nanny" (1993) pilot was filmed less than a year later.
- Was first runner up for "Miss New York Teenager" in 1973. In order to get an agent, she lied when calling up talent agencies and said she was the winner. It worked and an agent was found.
- Earlier in her career, in an effort to get more roles as an actress, she once went to a professional to lose her nasal voice and thick New York accent. She was very successful in learning how to speak "normal", but couldn't get any work that way! By that point, people only wanted to hire if she used the "funny" voice. Meanwhile, it was the voice that made her famous years later.
- Is a rape survivor. She along with her then-husband, Peter Marc Jacobson, and a friend were attacked in her home during a home invasion many years ago.
- Endorsed Hanes' Smooth Illusions line of pantyhose in 1994, appearing in print and TV ads.
- Went to Hillcrest High School in Queens, New York with Ray Romano.
- Adeline Drescher's cousin.
Photos of Fran Drescher are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.