- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Says her favorite film is Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers (1993). 
- Daughter Piper Anderson born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of "The X Files" (1993). [25 September 1994]
- Was married to first husband Clyde Klotz on the 17th hole of a golf course in Hawaii by a buddist priest.
- Hair is naturally blonde, it was dyed and styled into the famous bob by Malcolm Marsden, who was immortalised as the British MP in the episode "Fire".
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, Zoe.
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.
- Has size seven feet.
- Was voted "Most Likely to be Arrested" by her classmates in high school, and was, in fact, arrested on graduation night for trying to glue the locks shut at her high school.
- In high school, was voted "Class Clown" and "Most Bizarre Girl".
- Lived in London, England, from age 2 to age 11, then moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan, where she was teased for her English accent.
- Went to the Goodman Theater School of Drama at DePaul University in Chicago, where she earned a degree in fine arts.
- Gained her first real break when she replaced Mary-Louise Parker in the play "The Philanthropist."
- Told "The X Files" (1993) executives that she was 27 so that she would appear more credible as an FBI agent with a medical degree.
- "The X Files" (1993) writer, Chris Carter, is the godfather of her daughter, Piper Maru.
- Kept her daughter, Piper, completely hidden from the public until they both appeared in Joan Ostin's book, "Celebrity Moms" and the April 2001 issue of "In Style Magazine".
- Graduated from City High School, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Piper Maru, her daughter, was the inspiration for the title of an "The X Files" (1993) episode introducing the famous black oil in the series.
- Engaged to photojournalist Julian Ozanne. Wedding was planned for September 2003 during a safari ceremony in Kenya, but was delayed for over a year.
- Standing at just 5' 3", she has to stand on an apple box to shoot many scenes in "The X Files" (1993).
- Measurements: 34C-25-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- [December 29 2004] Married her long-term boyfriend Julian Ozanne on Lamu's Shella Island, off the coast of Kenya.
- As a teen, her favorite bands included Skinny Puppy and Dead Kennedys.
- Sister of actress Zoe Anderson.
- In 2003, she won the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Best Actress Award for her West End debut in Michael Weller's two-hander, What the Night Is For.
- Presented the best designer award at the 51st Evening Standard Theatre Awards (2005).
- Is an avid art collector. Her collection includes work from such artists as Diane Arbus, Francesco Clemente and Kiki Smith.
- Spent her first paycheck from "The X Files" (1993) on art.
- Friends with New Orleans musician/inventor Quintron.
- Return to work on "The X Files" (1993) 10 days after she gave birth to Piper Maru.
- Parents left US for London when she was 2. The family moved back to the US when she was 11. She relocated to London again, as an adult, in 2002. As of May 2006, she still lives there with her daughter.
- Of the 5 actresses nominated for an Emmy as "Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie" in 2006, she was the only one who hasn't been nominated for an Oscar
- Announced she is expecting her second child in Winter 2006. Father is boyfriend Mark Griffiths.
Photos of Gillian Anderson are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.