- She has five sisters: Raquel, Graziela, Gabriela, Rafaela and Patrícia (who was born in the same day, but is not an identical twin).
- Originally wanted to be a professional volleyball player and had even thought of becoming a member for Brazilian team, Sogipa.
- Speaks Portuguese as her native language, as well as English as her second language.
- Spokesmodel of Dolce & Gabbana.
- Spokesmodel of Bvlgari.
- Spokesmodel of Strenesse.
- Appeared on the covers of major magazines, such as Vogue, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, W, Rolling Stone, marie claire, ELLE, and i-D.
- Spokesmodel of Christian Dior.
- Spokesmodel of Missoni.
- Spokesmodel of Ralph Lauren.
- Measurements: 36C-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Officially announced that she and Leonardo DiCaprio had broken up. [July 2002]
- Of German-Brazilian heritage
- In 2004, she and her boyfriend, Leonardo DiCaprio, visited the "Xingu", one of the biggest Brazilian tribes of Indians. The visit was made almost anonymously.
- As supporter of soccer club Gremio, a soccer team from her hometown, Gisele announced in 2005 she will help promote the image of her favourite team, a former world champion, which is now in the second division of Brazilian League.
- Is 5 minutes older than twin sister Patrícia.
- One of the world's top fashion models.
- Her name is actually pronounced Giseli (The e at the and of her name is not silent). She has said it doesn't matter to her now how people pronounce her name.
- Her mother, Vania Bundchen, is of German descent.
- Was discovered by a modeling scout when she was fourteen white on a school trip to Porto Alegre.
- Began modeling in New York City in 1996.
- Created her own brand of footwear for women called "Ipanema."
- Designed a limited edition necklace sold to raise money for St. Jude Children's Hospital cancer treatment efforts.
- Has a Yorkshire terrier, Vida.
- Forbes magazine named her the best paid model of all time.
- Appeared most often on the cover of American Vogue. She did four covers only in 1999. She is also the second model who most appeared on the cover of British Vogue, after Kate Moss.
- Her personal fortune is valued in 150 million dollars, and she is on the Guinness Book of Records as "the world's richest supermodel".
- After Brazilian clothier C&A hired her and started their TV commercials, the sales had an increase of 30%.
- In 2001 she turned down a 20 million dollar offer from Clonaid to became their spokesperson.
- Forbes magazine named her the best paid and powerful supermodel in the world, with earnings of 15.2 million dollars a year. She also makes millions with her sandals line.
- Is considered the biggest supermodel in the world. The Germans created an expression to call her: übermodel.
- Her last name is pronounced "Bindchen".
- Ranked #21 on E! Television's 2006 101 Hottest Celebrity Bodies
- She is the owner of a hotel in the south of the Brazil, the Palladium Executive
- She has received the "Model of the Year" award and has been named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone and the "perfect body in the world" by The Sunday Times.
- Her other homes include an penthouse apartment in Manhattan's Tribeca district, a Los Angeles mansion and a country house near Woodstock, New York.
- In 2003 she donated $150,000 - her fee for one fashion show in Sao Paulo Fashion Week - to help fight hunger in her native Brazil. (January 27, 2003)
- #77 on Forbes Magazine 2005 Top 100 Celebrity List.
- Shares a birthday with "Lost" actor Josh Holloway.
- Turned down a role in 'Charlie's Angels: The Movie' , because of her busy agenda.
- Is one of Jay Leno's favorite guests.
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World."
- She and Leonardo DiCaprio were chosen by People Magazine as the "Most Beatiful Couple in the World", in 2004.
- In Brazil she is considered a national hero, at the same level of Pele and Carmen Miranda.
- Her father, Valdir Bundchen, is a Brazilian university teacher and writer, with two books published.
- Her older sister, Raquel, is a Brazilian federal judge.
- Her mother, Vania Bundchen, starred with her in a Victoria's Secret ad for mother's day. Her father also made a commercial with her, for credit card company Credicard.
- Chosen by Brazilian magazine IstoeGente as the "most powerful woman in Brazil". (13 March 2006)
- #43 on New York Magazine's list of the "123 Reasons to Love New York City", because she lives in New York.
- After Gisele carried one bag made by British designer Luella Bartley on the catwalk, all the papers ran pictures of her with it, and this created a phenomenon. The company thought they might sell a few, but suddenly they had waiting-lists everywhere for what was already being called the "Gisele". The success of the Gisele bag propelled Luella into the highly lucrative accessories market.
- She was considered for a role on the movie Charlie's Angels (2000). The director McG wanted someone outside from the United States to play the role of Alex Munday, which Lucy Liu eventually filled.
- Ranked as #65 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Gisele appeared in more than 7,000 magazine covers around the world. The only woman who made more covers was Princess Diana.
- Gisele made her first international fashion show for british designer Alexander McQueen, who once named her as "The Body".
- The 2004 TV ad of her line of shoes was shoot on Brazilian famous "Sombodromo", on Rio de Janeiro.
- Was featured as #6 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)
- #7 On E! Channel's countdown of the Sexiest Women in Entertainment (2002).
- #7 On E! Channel's countdown of the Best Bodies in Hollywood (2003).
- Gisele will be the face of a new campaign to protect the Amazon's Xingu River from deforestation and pollution. The campaign is called "Y Ikatu Xingu", wich means "clean and good Xingu water", in the native Kamaiura language. Gisele wants "to tell the world that the Amazon's waters are in danger". The Xingu River extends about 1,700 miles through the southern Amazon, including Brazil's first indian reservation, the 2.8 million-hectare (6.92 million-acre) Xingu National Park. The region was visited by her and ex-boyfriend 'Leonardo Dicaprio' in 2004.
- In May of 2006, she signed another multi-million dollar deal, this time with american giant Apple. She will star in a new advertising campaign to promote the new MAC (Macintosh) line.
- #1 on E! Channel's countdown of the World's Sexiest Supermodels (2006).
- She was ranked #36 on VH1's "100 Hottest Hotties" (2005)
- #1 On Forbes Magazine list of the World's Most Entrepreneurial Supermodels (2005)
- #1 On VH1 countdown of "Today's Hottest Supermodels" (2005)
- Her curvaceous figure prompted Vogue magazine to refer to her body of work as the "return of the sexy model", since she seems to have marked the end of a trend of "waif" models such as Kate Moss.
- Ranked at #71 on Forbes magazine list of the 100 Most Powerful celebrities in the world, with earnings of 30 million dollars between June of 2005 and June of 2006. According to Forbes, "She's also a workhorse with 20 fashion contracts, including Ebel watches, Vogue Eyewear and Dolce & Gabbana. That's far more than any other model anywhere in the world. Her assets earned her more last year that many of the highest-paid actors on the Forbes Celebrity 100". (2006)
- Offered a reward of $5,000 after her pet dog went missing, The pet was later safely found and returned. (2004)
- Gisele was the fourth model in the history to grace the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, in 2000, with the tittle "The most beautiful girl in the world".
- She ranked #34 in Stuff's 100 Sexiest Women (2001).
- Ranked #19 in British Harpers & Queen's 100 Most Beautiful Women of the Year (July 2005)
- Ranked #26 in FHM-Germany's 100 Sexiest Women (2005).
- Ranked #2 on Access Hollywood's list of "It Girls" (2003).
- Her relationship with Leonardo DiCaprio ended after 3 years [November 2005]
Photos of Gisele Bundchen are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.