- Named after her mother
- Has one sister, Becky
- Together with her husband, Emilio Estefan Jr., won the court case for the right to use the name Bongo Cuban Cafe for the cafe they own in Disney World. They were sued by makers of Bongo blue jeans for trademark infringement. [13 February 1998]
- Children: Nayib (born 2 Sept 1980) and Emily Marie (b. 5 Dec 1994)
- Tour bus crash left her with a broken back. [March 1990]
- Her band is "The Miami Sound Machine"
- Graduated from the University of Miami
- Father was a Vietnam veteran and died of suspected exposure to agent-orange
- Filmed a commercial with her husband, Emilio, for the Winn-Dixie supermarket chain before reaching stardom.
- Got one of her first television appearances courtesy of actress/singer Iris Chacon and her show "El Show de Iris Chacon".
- Her husband, Emilio was her first and only boyfriend.
- Perfomed at The Olympics; this is her third time perfoming there. [Feb 24, 2002]
- Once worked as a translator for the U. S. Customs Service at Miami airport.
- Ranked #81 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Attended high school at Our Lady of Lourdes Academy Catholic School in South Miami, Florida.
- In the 1950s, her father Jose Fajardo was a personal bodyguard to the first lady of Cuba, the wife of president Fulgencio Batista. Following Fidel Castro's Revolution in 1959, Jose was captured in the futile 1962 Bay of Pigs invasion that sought to free Cuba from Communist rule. He was held prisoner until an exchange was arranged soon after by U.S. President John F. Kennedy.
- Son Nayib is a film major at UCLA
- Lives on Star Island in Miami
Photos of Gloria Estefan are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.