- Gloria was descended from royalty. Her father's family descended from King Edward III through John of Gaunt; her mother's, from the Scottish Kings of the Hebrides.
- Gloria's grandfather Reginald Francis Hallward gave Oscar Wilde the idea for 'The Picture of Dorian Gray.'
- Mother, Jean MacDougall, stage actress as Jean Grahame (Gloria's grandmother's maiden name) and later acting coach. Father, Michael Hallward, decorator, architect and author.
- Gloria was not born in 1925 as usually stated, but in 1923.
- Gloria's older sister: actress Joy Hallward.
- Gloria's children: Timothy Ray, born 12 November 1948; Marianna Paulette Howard, born 1 October 1956; Anthony Ray Jr., born 30 April 1963; James Ray, born 21 September 1965.
- In real life, Gloria was nearsighted and often wore glasses.
- Tone deaf, Gloria sang without dubbing in only one film, Oklahoma! (1955), where her songs were edited together from recordings made almost literally note by note.
- Her unusual 1960 marriage to former stepson 'Tony Ray' made a great Hollywood scandal and led to a bitter child custody battle with former husbands.
- Her film output totalled 39 feature films, 4 TV-movies and 2 miniseries.
- Gloria spent her last days in the Liverpool (UK) home of her friend 'Peter Turner', then was flown back to New York by her children just hours before her death.
- Unhappy with the tilt of her upper lip, she often stuffed cotton along her gumline to straighten it out. The effect was cosmetically less than flattering and made it difficult for her to speak. A leading man, after kissing her, ended up with a mouth full of cotton.
- Buried at Oakwood Memorial Park, 22601 Lassen, Chatsworth, California. Pioneer Section Lot 242, Space 8.
Photos of Gloria Grahame are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.