- Graduated from Providence High School in Burbank, California.
- She and her "Mad About You" (1992) co-star, Paul Reiser, were both given $1,000,000 per episode salaries for the 1999 TV season.
- Attended UCLA for 1 month.
- Celebrates Thanksgiving every year with Anthony Edwards.
- Did a guest voice on "The Simpsons" (1989) in episode: #9.16 "Dumbbell Indemnity", as Moe's girlfriend, Renee. The voice of Moe is Hank Azaria, Helen's real life love at that time.
- Got role in Twister (1996) based on her performance in The Waterdance (1992).
- Daughter of Gordon Hunt.
- One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People. 
- Got the lead in _As Good As It Gets (1997)_ after Holly Hunter turned it down.
- After divorcing Hank Azaria, moved to New York, intending to do theater work (esp. Shakespeare). 
- Dated Eric Stoltz, her The Waterdance (1992) co-star.
- Has won Four Emmys, four Golden Globes, a Blockbuster Award, two Screen Actors Guild awards, four American Comedy Awards, three Viewers for Quality Television Awards, and an Oscar, along with other awards. 
- Dated Matthew Broderick.
- In the early 1990s, dated her agent at Creative Artists Agency, Doc O'Conner.
- Her best friend is Helen Slater.
- Witnessed the World Trade Center attacks from the roof of her brand new New York apartment, and decided to leave the city right away, but could not get a flight out. She booked a private jet at considerable expense, and flew herself and her staff out of Connecticut three days later, the first day they allowed private jets to fly. [September 2001]
- Dating producer Matthew Carnahan 
- Appearing in four movies released in the year 2000, she was in two movies that were in theaters at the same time during the end of the year holiday season that grossed over $150 million each, Cast Away (2000) and What Women Want (2000).
- Only the second actress to win a Golden Globe, an Oscar and an Emmy in the same calendar year. The first being Liza Minnelli in 1973.
- Daughter, Makena' Lei Gordon Carnahan, born 13 May 2004 with boyfriend Matthew Carnahan
- Beat Teri Hatcher for the role of Jamie Buchman in "Mad About You" (1992) at the final auditions.
- She and her ex-husband Hank Azaria, have both guest-starred on the TV show "Friends" (1994), though not in the same episode.
- Her daughter, Makena Lei, was named after a friend's dream which means "many flowers of heaven". The baby's middle name 'Gordon' is in honor of Helen's father .
- Has a stepson with her boyfriend Matthew Carnahan.
- Frequents Hawaii having first visited when she was 14. Says, "it's where I feel right. I can write here, think, chill, get a clear head."
Photos of Helen Hunt are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.