- She is a vegetarian.
- Was offered the role of Gale Weathers in the movie _Scream (1996)_ , but turned it down to do the movie Sweethearts (1996). Courteney Cox then got the role and _Scream (1996)_ which went on to gross more than $100 million, whereas Sweethearts (1996) went straight to video.
- She has 7 tattoos.
- Her production company is: I Hate Myself Productions.
- Attended Madison High School in Madison, New Jersey.
- Wrote a book with Ben Stiller: Feel This Book : An Essential Guide to Self-Empowerment, Spiritual Supremacy, and Sexual Satisfaction (1999).
- Has a tattoo on her arm which reads "think".
- Studied History at Providence College, a Catholic college in Rhode Island.
- Garofalo, barely five feet tall, sometimes had to stand on a box just to be in the same frame with 6-foot co-star Uma Thurman in The Truth About Cats & Dogs (1996).
- Briefly lived in Minnesota at the beginning of her stand-up career.
- Is of Italian and Irish descent.
- Admitted in 2003 interviews that she had overcome a sobriety problem with alcohol.
- Married boyfriend Robert Cohen in 1992 at a Las Vegas drive-in chapel as a joke. They had gone to Vegas with the rest of the cast of "The Ben Stiller Show" (1990) and decided to get married along with some of the other crew members. After their relationship ended they never officially got divorced.
- In March 2003, she made an appearance on CNN's "Crossfire" (1982) to discuss the international situation involving Iraq.
- At one point or another, has worked with every member of the Kids in the Hall.
- In 1984, she had breast reduction surgery. The surgery reduced her measurement from a 36D cup to a B cup.
- Auditioned for the role of Marla Singer in Fight Club (1999).
- Guest-starred in two "Law & Order" (1990) episodes, the first one called "D-Girl" and in a "The Sopranos" (1999) called "D-Girl". The "D" stands for "development". In the film industry, a D-girl is a low-level executive who considers scripts for further development.
- She has referred to "Saturday Night Live" (1975) as the worst experience in her professional life.
- Graduated from James E. Taylor High School in Katy, Texas class of '82 after being transferred her senior year.
- It is said that Daria Morgendorfer, self-titled character of, "Daria" (1997), the spin-off of "Beavis and Butt-Head" (1993) , was modeled after her. While the Dariacharacter did exist long before the creators chose to model the character after Garafolo (as a character in the original "Beavis and Butt-Head" (1993) show), she was a background character (with a line of dialog every once in a while) and was therefore not developed.
- Daughter of Carmine Garofalo.
- Hosted the 1996 MTV Movie Awards (1996) (TV) along with Ben Stiller.
- Traveled widely with Margaret Cho on the comedy club circuit. They blamed each other for their bad smoking habits.
- Is very good friends with Ben Stiller. Both had short lived tenures on "Saturday Night Live" (1975), both starred on "The Ben Stiller Show" (1992), they have collaborated on movies together, and have written and created other comedy shows together. Garofalo has said that she works well with Stiller because they are complete opposite personalities, hers being caustic and political while Stiller is more go with the flow and silly, and they are able to fill in the gaps the other person misses.
Photos of Janeane Garofalo are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.