- Dated Rene Elizondo, they then married. [1985-1991]
- With her 1986 song "When I Think of You", she and her brother, Michael Jackson, became the first siblings in the rock era to have #1 songs as soloists.
- Sister of Rebbie Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, 'Jackson, LaToya' , Marlon Jackson, Randy Jackson and Michael Jackson.
- She was paid $3 million forNutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000). She was paid an extra $1 million for the song "Doesn't Really Matter" for the NP2 soundtrack.
- Janet and long time boyfriend Rene were secretly married for nine years. They were married in March of 1991 and Rene filed for divorce in May of 2000.
- Janet's highly anticipated eighth album "All For You" is released. [24 April 2001]
- The only member of the famous Jackson family to ever be nominated for an Academy Award - in 1994 as co-writer of the song "Again" from Poetic Justice (1993).
- Voted one of "The 10 Sexiest Women of 2001" by the readers of Black Men Magazine.
- Aunt of Jermaine Jackson II,Valencia Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Marlon Jackson Jr., Prince Michael Jackson I, Prince Michael Jackson II and Paris Jackson.
- Ex-sister-in-law of El DeBarge.
- The last five of her eight albums (excluding her first two albums "Janet Jackson," "Dream Street" and her greatest hits album "Design of a Decade: 1986 -1996") have all hit #1.
- Was to appear as Lena Horne in a biopic due to be released in 2004. But Lena changed her mind after the SuperBowl "breast-baring" incident.
- Measurements: 35C-22 1/2-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Ranked #77 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- During the half-time show of Super Bowl XXXVIII (38) in February 2004, her right breast was "accidentally" exposed when co-performer Justin Timberlake reached around and grabbed a detachable part of her breastplate-like outfit. They admit that they privately planned the move after rehearsals had ended, but still maintain that the exposure was accidental. That a red bra was to be revealed, not her bare breast.
- Attended Lanai Road School.
- Attended Portola Middle School in Tarzana, California. Was teased and harassed by kids because of her fame on Good Times.
- Graduated from Valley Professional School, an institution where most children were entertainers or actors. Class of 1984.
- Her nickname "Dunk" was coined to describe her sturdy body, which her brother Michael claimed remsembled a donkey.
- Negotiated a new, $80 million recording contract with Virgin Records in 1996.
- Co-starred with the late Tupac Shakur in the movie Poetic Justice.
- She is the only woman singer in the history of Rock & Roll to score 5 back to back #1 studio albums on the Billboard Album's chart. "Control", "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation", "Janet", "The Velvet Rope" and "All For You" all reached #1, together selling more than 60 million copies worldwide. Her albums "Design of A Decade" and "Damita Jo" both reached top 3.
- Has 4 dogs: Riley (a Rottweiler); Dylan (a Boxer); Madison (a miniature Schnauzer) and Pockets (an Australian shepherd-cross).
- Favorite singers: Ella Fitzgerald and Marvin Gaye
- Won 9 Billboard Awards in 1990 for Rhythm Nation 1814.
- Vocal range: 2nd soprano, her top note is an "e"
- Her first self-titled album peaked at #63 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums and sold a disappointing 250,000 copies.
- Her sophomore album "Dream Street" reached #147 on Billboard and sold only 200,000 copies.
- Her third album "Control" sell over 10 million worldwide and produced five top 5 hits including Nasty, Let's Wait Awhile, and the #1 When I Think Of You.
- Rhythm Nation 1814 spend four weeks being #1 on both Pop and R&B charts in the USA. It sold another 10 million worldwide and the singles were even more successful. The album spawned seven top 5 hits including 4 #1s,the first and only artist to accomplished that feat.
- The album "Janet" produced six top 10 hits and sold over 15 million copies.
- Eloped with singer James DeBarge, in 1984 and lived in the Jackson's Encino ranch for several months before she had the marriage annulled.
- Favorite designers: John Galliano; Dolce and Gabbana; Jean-Paul Gaultier
- Is the #2 most successful artist on the Billboard Dance/Club Play Chart, behind only Madonna.
- Her first biography was released in 1977 as a joint biography about her and brother Randy Jackson.
- Became the first artist to score a #1 hit simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100 and Mainstream Rock singles chart with "Black Cat" in 1990.
- Daughter of Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson
- Brother Michael Jackson claims in his "Home Movies" documentary in 2003 that Janet emulated his choreography from his "Captain EO" short movie into her "Rhythm Nation" music video which she choreographed with Anthony Thomas four years later.
- Has homes in Los Angeles and New York.
- Holds the record for most weeks spent at #1 on the R&B chart for her 1994 single, "Any Time, Any Place."
- Has always wanted and still wants to go back school to study law.
- The Rhythm Nation world tour was the most successful debut tour from any artist
- Used to want to be a jockey when she was a little child but has been scared to ride horses since Christopher Reeve's accident.
- The film clip "Again" was originally supposed to have Janet wearing her PJ's when she was sitting near her bed because that's what she was wearing when she was writing the song for Poetic Justice (1993).
- Named #37 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
Photos of Janet Jackson are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.