- Michael Birnbaum is the father of her daughter, Savannah.
- One son, with Simon Fields, named Nathan.
- As a young girl got involved with sports because she drove her younger sister to gymnastics practices - Debbie was on the Junior Olympics team - and Janice took up swimming, karate and some gymnastics to bide the time while waiting for Debbie.
- Sister of model Debbie Dickinson.
- Measurements: 34-23-34 (1980s model card) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Coined the term "Supermodel" in 1979. She defines the term as a model who excels in editorial, catalog, advertising, and runway work, and in being a spokesperson.
- Claims to be the first supermodel. However, it is commonly accepted that there are only five supermodels, and the following list does not include her: Claudia Schiffer, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, and Linda Evangelista.
- Father's ethnic background is Belarusian; the family name was altered after emigration to America.
- Her daughter Savannah Dickinson was born on February 23, 1994.
- Bears a strong resemblance to Brittany Brower. Both appeared on the show "America's Next Top Model" (2003). Dickinson was a judge and Brower was a contestant.
- Her appearance on "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest" (2004) was cut short because of her making obscene gestures and statements.
- Dickinson wrote of a rivalry between herself and Kimora Lee when they both were on "America's Next Top Model" (2003) in her book, "Everything about Me is Fake and I'm Perfect". Dickinson admits that she criticized Kimora's fake hair and nails, but says that she would have been much nicer if Kimora had shown up on time for filming.
- Camera technician Tommy Fry from "The Surreal Life" (2003) moved in with Dickinson after her appearance on the show.
- She become an ultra-successful model at the age of 14
- Was ranked #25 in Channel 5's "World's greatest supermodel".
- Along with Nicole Richie, Beyoncé Knowles, Veronica Webb, Kelly Osbourne, Angie Everhart, Alexandra Richards, Irina Pantaeva, Marisa Miller, Wyclef Jean, Rachel Hunter, and Naomi Campbell, she participated in the "Fashion for Relief" show on 16 September, 2005 in New York, a benefit for AmeriCares to support victims for Hurricane Katrina. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale were among the celebrities who attended.
- Says that the girls who win "America's Next Top Model" (2003) are not of a high enough caliber to make it in the modeling business.
- In her autobiography, "No Lifeguard on Duty", she claims that she was partly responsible for her father's death because she had discarded his heart medication pills, and he had a heart attack that night and died. The statute of limitation for prosecuting Dickinson for the death of her father was up by the time the book was published.
- She was the fiancée of Sylvester Stallone from December 1993 to July 1994. Sly thought that he was the father of her daughter Savannah, but when he discovered the truth, that the real father of girl was Michael Birnbaum, he left her.
Photos of Janice Dickinson are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.