- In the early 80s she produced exercise videos; later was diagnosed with endometriosis
- Motown's Smokey Robinson served as best man when she married Leon Isaac Kennedy.
- One of the first women to infiltrate the male-dominated world of sports announcing (NFL Today Show).
- With her current husband, they have three daughters: Savannah Re (b., Nov. 20, 1985), Kopper Joi (b., May 17, 1989), and Zaire Ollyea (b., Sept. 15, 1995).
- Her face was once insured for 1 million dollars
- Was a Ding-a-ling sister on "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" (1968).
- She was the first black woman to win the title of Miss Ohio
- She met her present husband, Bill Overton, in the 1977 movie, Cover Girls (1977) (TV), in which she starred and he played a small part.
- Was one of the 10 semi-finalists in the Miss USA pagent, 1970.
- Once aspired to pursue politics, wanting to pattern herself after congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, who ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1972.
- Suffered from endometriosis for many years and miraculously was still able to have children. As a result, she became an advocate of sorts for women awareness of this disorder.
- Was the first black actress to grace the cover of Playboy magazine.
- Is a member of the Zeta Phi Beta sorority.
- Starred in a film portraying Dorothy Dandridge in the never released movie "The Dorothy Dandridge Story" in 1980. Utimately, the story was produced by HBO and starred another Cleveland native, Halle Berry.
- Was a Ding-a-ling Sister on "Dean Martin Presents the Golddiggers" (1968).
- Was considered for her own spin-off series to "Wonder Woman" (1976) but the series didn't go through
- Was considered for one of the roles on Charlie's Angels (1976) (TV), but it never materialized.
- Was considered to have her own TV show as a spin off from the TV movie Cover Girls (1977) (TV), however, it never materialized.
Photos of Jayne Kennedy are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.