- In Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), she plays a woman passing for white who is actually the daughter of an interracial couple. In real life, this is Beals's racial background, too.
- Film debut was in the 1980 film, My Bodyguard (1980), in which she is uncredited.
- Turned down the opportunity to play herself in "It's Like, You Know..." (1999).
- She put her career on hold to graduate from Yale.
- While at Yale, she was classmates with David Duchovny, who suggested her for a part on "The X Files" (1993) (which went to Gillian Anderson).
- In the film The Anniversary Party (2001), Beals plays a character who takes photographs of performers which she then gives away, usually to the subjects of the photos. Beals actually does this.
- Has an African-American father and an Irish mother.
- In Flashdance (1983), the birth date filled out in the application form is her actual birth date in real life.
- While still a teenager, before she went into show business, she worked as a babysitter for one of her neighbors - Steve Edwards.
- Good friends with Elizabeth Berkley. The each appeared in a Joe Eszterhas-written film (Berkley: Showgirls (1995); Beals: Flashdance (1983)), and they appeared together in Roger Dodger (2002).
- Stepmother to her husband, Ken Dixon's, two children.
- Gave birth to her first child, a girl, in October, 2005.
- She and her character on The L Word, Bette Porter, are both Yale graduates with an African-American father and a Caucasian mother.
Photos of Jennifer Beals are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.