- Daughter of Rosemary Harris and John Ehle.
- Won Broadway's 2000 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for a revival of Tom Stoppard's "The Real Thing." One of her competitors who did not win was her mother, Rosemary Harris.
- Last name is pronounced "EE-lee."
- Her real life mother, actress Rosemary Harris, played the elder versions of her character Valerie in István Szabó's Sunshine (1999) and Calypso, in "The Camomile Lawn" (1992) (mini).
- When casting for his film Sunshine (1999), director István Szabó didn't know she was Rosemary Harris' daughter in real life.
- Attended The Central School of Speech and Drama in London
- Had a relationship with Colin Firth whom she met while filming "Pride and Prejudice" (1995) (mini).
- She was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 2000 (1999 season) for Best Actress for her performance in The Real Thing at the Donmar Warehouse and at the Albery Theatre.
- Has a son, George, with Michael Ryan.
- In 1991 she won the Ian Charleston Award for Tartuffe.
- In 1992 she won the Radio Times Awards for Best Newcomer for "The Cammomile Lawn" (1992).
- In 2000 she won the Variety Cub Showbusiness Awards for Best Stage Actress for The Real Thing.
- In 2000 she won the the Theatre World Award Best Actress in for The Real Thing.
- In 2000 she won a nomination at the Outer Critics Circle for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play for The Real Thing.
Photos of Jennifer Ehle are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.