- Daughter of actor Vic Morrow and actress-screenwriter Barbara Turner.
- Won two 1990 Critic Society awards for her portrayal of Tralala in Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989) and as Susan Waggoner in Miami Blues (1990).
- Selected as one of "America's 10 Most Beautiful Women" by Harper's Bazaar Magazine, 1989.
- Has a sister, Carrie Morrow, and a half-sister, actress Mina Badie. Her stepfather is director Reza Badiyi.
- Well-known in Hollywood for the exhausting research she does for each of her portrayals and for her affinity of playing lurid roles.
- Had a part filmed for Eyes Wide Shut (1999). When director Stanley Kubrick wanted to do re-shoots, she was unavailable and her entire part was redone with another actress.
- Born at 12:33pm-PST.
- She went down to a weight of 86 lbs for her role as an anorexic teenager in the TV movie The Best Little Girl in the World (1981) (TV).
- In 1997, she appeared in Faith No More's music video of "Last Cup of Sorrow," the plot of which was a modification of Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo (1958).
- Father, Vic Morrow, died while filming Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) due to a tragic accident on the set.
- Measurements: 34B-23-34 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- After reading the script for Backdraft (1991), she reportedly told director Ron Howard that she wished she was the fire because it has the best part.
- She attended the infamous "Stagedoor Manor," which is an upstate New York summer camp that trains teenagers in acting, singing and dancing. Her fellow alumni include sitcom actor Zach Braff from NBC's "Scrubs" (2001), the writer and director Todd Graff (who made a film about the camp), and the pop star Mandy Moore.
- Is of Russian descent.
- She is good friends with actress/model Phoebe Cates; they met while filming Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) together.
- Frequently works with maverick director Robert Altman who, before his maverick days, worked with her father, Vic Morrow on the sixties televison series "Combat!" (1962).
- Lived with Eric Stoltz for 5 years in the 80s
- One of her best friends is Paul Thomas Anderson.
- Took the name 'Jason' from family friend actor Jason Evers. (Look at trivia for Jason Robards, says that 'Jason' in her name was taken from him.)
- She has worked with three of the four Baldwin brother in five different movies. Miami Blues (1990) and Lymelife (2005) with Alec Baldwin, Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989) and Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994) with Stephen Baldwin and Backdraft (1991) with William Baldwin.
Photos of Jennifer Jason-Leigh are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.