- Born at 11:00am-CST
- Has had long time relationship with actor Sam Shepard (1982-present).
- Lange has three children - Alexandra, b. 1981 (whose father is Mikhail Baryshnikov), Hanna and Walker.
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#64). 
- She is a big supporter for rights of the Monks of Nepal.
- Lived in Minnesota with Sam and their children for a few years, but now living in New York (2004).
- Between modeling jobs, she waitressed at the Lion's Head in Greenwich Village.
- In 1970s Manhattan, Lange was represented by Wilhelmina Models, the same agency that later discovered Gia Carangi.
- Her interpretation of the pushed-to-the-limit Cora in the remake of The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981) was partially inspired by the downbeat life of B-movie actress Barbara Payton. In a Rolling Stone interview, Lange mentioned how she thought her character might have first drifted to Hollywood as an aspiring starlet, and costar Jack Nicholson gave her Payton's lurid, tell-all autobiography "I Am Not Ashamed" to look over on the set. Coincidentally, Lange and the blonde Payton were both born in Cloquet, Minn.
- She is one of the elite ten thespians to have been nominated for both a Supporting and Lead Acting Academy Award in the same year for their achievements in two different movies. The other nine are Fay Bainter, Teresa Wright, Barry Fitzgerald (he has been nominated in both categories for the same role in the same movie), Sigourney Weaver, Al Pacino, Emma Thompson, Holly Hunter, Julianne Moore and Jamie Foxx.
- Beat Meryl Streep for the role of Patsy Cline in Sweet Dreams (1985), according to Streep. Streep said it was one of the few if not the only role she ever went after. Then later said that she couldn't however, imagine the movie without her (Lange).
- Measurements: 34B-22-34 (modeling in Paris in 1973), 36C-24 1/2-35 (in 1990), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 2001 (2000 season) for Best Actress for her performance in "Long Day's Journey into Night" at the Lyric Theatre.
- Attended the Guthrie Theater Drama School at the prestigious Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Received the Anton Chekhov Fine Arts Award.
- Daughter Shura (Alexandra) Baryshnikov, whose father is Mikhail Baryshnikov, graduated from Marlboro College in Vermont, the same college that Chris Noth attended in the 70s. 
- Is of Polish and Finnish descent
- Her performance as Frances Farmer in Frances (1982) is ranked #85 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
Photos of Jessica Lange are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.