- Has won many Stage awards and won a Tony in 1989 for her debut Broadway performance in Burn This.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1986" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 38. 
- Transferred to Northern Illinois University in 1976 where she graduated
- Is left handed.
- Daughter born, Sadie. [March 1994]
- Ensemble member of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
- Has worked with two Hannibal Lecters. She appeared in the first Lecter film, Manhunter, with Brian Cox. She later played Pat Nixon in the film Nixon, opposite Anthony Hopkins.
- Won the 1988 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for her Broadway debut in Lanford Wilson's "Burn This." She was again nominated the next year (1989) in the same category for a revival of Wendy Wasserstein's "The Heidi Chronicles."
- Her Boston terrier is called Nora.
- Joined the Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
- Is the youngest of 4 children.
- Mother was a homemaker and father was a garage attendant.
- Chosen as Most Likely to Succeed by friends when graduating from high school.
- Graduated from the same university as Dan Castellaneta, Justin Mentell, and Matt Ricci.
Photos of Joan Allen are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.