- Studied acting at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Daughter Tara Newley is a news anchor in England, UK. Son Alexander Newley is an artist. Daughter Katyana Kass is an actress and a theatrical production assistant. [May 2000]
- Sister of Jackie Collins.
- Two of her childhood wishes came true when she made her debut on Broadway (wish #1) in 1991 in Noel Coward's "Private Lives" and starred as Amanda (wish #2).
- Her first agent was her father Joe Collins in London. Later in her career her agent was the well-regarded Irving Paul Lazar (aka "Swifty" Lazar), until his death in 1993.
- Once engaged to Warren Beatty.
- Affectionately known as "The British Open" because of her liberal lifestyle.
- Great admirer of former Prime Minister Lady Margaret Thatcher.
- Has described herself as "right-wing" [politically], although she once collected welfare in the U.S. per her own biography.
- She had affairs with Dennis Hopper, Arthur Lowe, Sydney Chaplin, Ryan O'Neal, and George Englund (Cloris Leachman's husband).
- Turned down Frank Sinatra, Robert F. Kennedy, Darryl F. Zanuck and Dean Martin.
- First husband Maxwell Reed tried to sell her to an Arab sheik for £10,000, just seven months after their wedding.
- Received an O.B.E. (Officer of the order of the British Empire)
- Pulled in a reported $120,000 per episode as "Dynasty" (1981)'s super- bitch, Alexis.
- Met her fifth husband, theatre manager Percy Gibson, when Collins appeared in a touring production of the play "Love Letters" in the United States. Gibson helped edit Collins's new novel, "Star Quality". She was 68 and he was 36.
- Starred with Leonard Rossiter in Cinzano alcohol commercials on television.
- Children: Tara Cynara Newley (b. 12 October 1963) and Alexander Anthony "Sasha" Newley (b. 8 November 1965) by Anthony Newley; Katyana Kass (born Kennedy "Katy" Kass, b. 20 June 1972) by Ronald S. Kass.
- Became a grandmother on 5 October 1998. But Joan, being Joan, refuses to be called "Grandma"; Miel Celeste Adam calls her "DoDo" instead.
- Split permanently with first husband Maxwell Reed on her 21st birthday.
- Brother William Collins Jr. (b. 1946) is a real estate agent.
- Lived with art dealer Robin Hurlestone for 13 years.
- The eldest of three children.
- Measurements: 38C-23 1/2-37 (as starlet, 1960), 34B-27-35 1/2 (trimmed down mid-1960s), 36-24-35 (reported in 1980), 34D-27-36 (following reported implants in 1987) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- The second volume of her autobiography was called "Second Act" and was released in 1996, following her successful court battle against her publisher, Random House. The company had demanded that Joan return the $2-million advance it had given her for two novels, as it claimed her submissions were "substandard". The New York judge ruled in her favor.
- A doll and an action figure were made in the likeness of her character on "Star Trek" (1966), Edith Keeler.
- Has three grandchildren: Miel and Weston by daughter Tara Newley, and Ava Grace Newley (born July 2004), by son Sacha and daughter-in-law Angela Tassoni.
- Refused to return to work on "Dynasty" (1981) at the beginning of the 1985-1986 season until she was given a raise, forcing the writers to write her out of the first episode of the season. It was a bold move on her part, because the previous season's cliffhanger was the infamous "Moldavian Massacre", in which all the characters were shot. It would have been very easy for the producers to fire her and eliminate the character of Alexis by having her being killed in the shootout. However, she successfully negotiated a raise to around $60,000 per episode and returned to work, missing only one episode.
- Only appeared in 13 of 22 episodes during the final season of "Dynasty" (1981) because the producers told her they couldn't afford to pay her every week.
- Is portrayed by Rachel Scobie in The Mystery of Natalie Wood (2004) (TV)
- Best known for her role in "Dynasty" (1981)
- She is allergic to shellfish.
Photos of Joan Collins are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.