- Sister of Midori
- Is the first African-American woman to portray Betty Rizzo in the Broadway revival of "Grease".
- Sung the dance anthems "Looking for a New Love", "Don't You Want Me?", "Some Kind of Lover" and "I'm the One You Need".
- Won a Grammy Award in the category of Best New Artist in 1987.
- Was a founding member of the 1970s disco group Shalamar.
- Goddaughter of Jackie Wilson.
- Was a "Soul Train" (1971) dancer.
- Has two kids.
- Was nominated for Best Music Video, Best Single and Best Album at the 1988 Soul Train Music Awards.
- Along with Janet Jackson and Madonna, ranks as one of MTV Video Music Award's most nominated artist ever, with ten nominations.
- Her debut album hit #1 on 3 weeks on the Billboard Top R&B Albums chart and sold over 2 million copies in the US, the lead single "Looking For A New Love", was nominated for a Grammy and also reached #1. The album also included the hits "Still A Thrill" (#3 R&B), "Don't You Want Me" (#3 R&B), "Most Of All" (#11 R&B) and "Some Kind Of Lover" (#4 R&B). She ranks at the #144 most successful R&B artist of all time according to Billboard Magazine.
- She has sold over 10 million albums and singles worldwide.
- On March 3, 1990, her platinum-selling album "Larger Than Life" was nominated for a NARM Award for Best Selling Black Music Album / Female, against Janet Jackson, Karyn White and Anita Baker.
Photos of Jody Watley are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.