- After "Three's Company" (1977) ended, she traveled the world before settling in New Mexico. She is slowly returning to acting. She and Suzanne Somers did not speak to each for almost 20 years.
- Went to Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
- Received a master of fine art in acting from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- When shooting "Three's Company" (1977), she always wore either pantyhose or tights, and refused to work bare-legged. Though this caused conflict between her and the show's producers, it endeared her to hosiery manufacturers, and she became the spokeswoman for L'eggs pantyhose in the late 70s.
- Very active in theater since the age of 13 and prefers stage work to television.
- Auditioned as Fonzie's girlfriend on "Happy Days" (1974) in the late 1970s, although she didn't get chosen for the part (explaining she was too short and young), she was cast as Janet Wood on "Three's Company" (1977) just a few weeks later.
- Is a part of the LIFE (Love Is Feeding Everyone) organization where she, and other famous actors, are helping fight world hunger and homelessness.
- Was a cheerleader in high school
- Has three other siblings
- Is part Swedish, part Italian.
- Cousin of Fay DeWitt.
- Has Irish Ancestry
- Is a member of Chi Omega women's fraternity.
Photos of Joyce DeWitt are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.