- Met her husband, Brad Hall, while both were attending Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois). She graduated in 1982.
- Two sons Henry (b. 1992) and Charles (b. 1997)
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world. 
- Both she and her husband, Brad Hall, appeared as part of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" (1975) cast in early 1980s. Only husband/wife team to do so.
- Daughter of Gerard Louis-Dreyfus, a French billionaire.
- Her new TV series, '22 Minutes with Eleanor Riggs', was created for her by husband Brad Hall. They originally wanted it to air commercial free, but that idea was rejected by NBC.
- Wears a size 8 1/2 shoe
- In college, she was a member of the Delta Gamma sorority.
- Performed improv with Chicago's Second City and the Practical Theatre Company, started by her husband, Brad Hall.
- Both her parents remarried after their divorce (when Julia was one year-old), and she has two half-sisters from her mother's second marriage and two half-sisters from her father's second marriage. She considers both her step-parents to be as important in her life as her biological parents.
- Her grandfather, Pierre Louis-Dreyfus, was a member of the French Reisistance during WWII, and flew 88 missions for Charles de Gaulle's Free French Air Force.
- Fought NBC censors to allow a scene where a man runs around his house completely naked in front of Ellie (Julia's character on "Watching Ellie" (2002)). She won.
- Her character on "Seinfeld" (1990), Elaine Benes, did not appear in the original pilot. She has never watched that episode--out of superstition.
- Half-sister, Lauren Bowles, acts with her in "Watching Ellie" (2002).
- Is included in Richard Roeper's list of actresses who've never done nude scenes in his latest book, "Ten Sure Signs a Movie Character is Doomed, and Other Surprising Movie Lists". When asked about this by Conan O'Brien, Dreyfus stated that she'd never been asked to do one.
- It was announced that her TV series, "Watching Ellie" (2002) has been canceled by NBC. Lasting one year, it more than doubled the staying power of fellow "Seinfeld" (1990) alumni Jason Alexander and Michael Richards' TV series, but failed to draw a wide enough audience to warrant renewal. [June 2003]
- Was originally slated to play Alison Stern in Private Parts (1997), Howard Stern's biopic. She dropped out to spend more time with her children.
- Has never done a nude scene during her 20+ years in show business (which includes films, television shows, and plays).
- Her second home in Montecito, Calif. is solar-powered, radiant-heated and built from recycled materials.
- Is the first, and thus far only, one of the four primary cast members of "Seinfeld" (1990) to have received a Razzie Award nomination. She was nominated for Worst Supporting Actress in 1998 for her performance in the film Fathers' Day (1997). However, she ultimately lost the award to Alicia Silverstone in Batman & Robin (1997).
- The only female former cast member of Saturday Night Live to return as host
Photos of Julia Louise Dreyfus are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.