- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#48). 
- Turned down the lead in Jurassic Park (1993)
- Ranked #93 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Son Raphaël born. Father is Andre Halle, a professional scuba diver. [September 1993]
- In 1996, she was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in The English Patient (1996). Legendary actress Lauren Bacall was roundly expected to win in that category for her performance in The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996), but Binoche won the Oscar instead, in one of the biggest surprise wins in Oscar history. In her acceptance speech, she said, "I don't have a speech prepared. I thought Lauren would get it."
- Her parents divorced when she was four, so she grew up living between each parent and a Catholic boarding school.
- Had a daughter, Hannah, with French actor Benoît Magimel in 2000.
- Her companion was Benoît Magimel [1999-2003]
- Sister of actress/photographer Marion Stalens
- Learned to play the violin for Alice et Martin (1998).
- Appeared in the 1998 play, 'Naked', in London.
- She is the highest paid French actress in history (2002)
- She was the companion of 'Léos Carax' between 1986 and 1991.
- She was the companion of Olivier Martinez between 1994 and 1997.
- Joanne Harris, the author of Chocolat (2000), was stunned one weekend when she opened the front door of her small little house in Barnsley, Yorkshire. On her doorstep was French actress Juliette Binoche, who had landed the lead role for the Film version of Joanne's book. Juliette loved the book and wanted to meet Joanne and she spent the weekend at the house as they discussed the book and the film to come. Juliette met Joanne's young daughter and she borrowed her bedroom to stay over for the weekend. Juliette returned the favour by inviting her to the States as a guest of Miramax films for the Oscars.
- Was the advertising face of Lancome perfume "Poeme" from 1995 to 2000
- In Jan 2003 she became the new face for Italian Pret-a-Porter line, Gentryportofino.
- She is affectionately known by the French press simply as "La Binoche".
- Number 88 on Channel 4 (UK)'s 100 Greatest movie Stars.
- She has turned down Hollywood many times.
- In 1990, she wrote to the president of France, François Mitterrand, to ask him for funds for her film Amants du Pont-Neuf, Les (1991). However he didn't help. In 1993, Mitterand asked Binoche to dinner at the presidential palace in Paris. When asked by the press why he invited her, he said "I dreamt one night that I kissed her, now I hope she will be my mistress". Binoche declined the invitation. Soon after, they bumped into each other in a Paris market and had a long discussion about art, love, books and poetry.
- Is an avid painter. In 1994, she exhibited work done in collaboration with the designer Christian Fenouillat. She has also designed posters for a number of her movies including Amants du Pont-Neuf, Les (1991) and Enfants du siècle, Les (1999). Binoche is currently working on a poster for Country of My Skull (2004).
- In 2000, during promoting for the film Chocolat (2000), Binoche was invited to The White House by then president Bill Clinton. However, she was unable to make the trip as she was starring in a Broadway re-vamp of "Pinters Betrayal". Instead, the Clintons came to New York to meet Binoche.
- Binoche and Merle Oberon have both played George Sand in Enfants du siècle, Les (1999) and in A Song to Remember (1945) respectively. They have also both played Cathy in Wuthering Heights. Binoche in the 1992 version and Oberon in the 1939 version.
- Wrote the preface for the French book, "Le grand livre de la tendresse", published in 2002.
- Appears on the cover of Lauren Lawrence's book "Private Dreams of Public people"
- Has two children: Raphael and Hannah.
- Last name is pronaunced "Bee-nosh".
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2001 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for a revival of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal."
- Once worked as a cashier.
- Shares a birthday with writer Umberto Saba, actress Ornella Muti and French politician Jean-Pierre Chevènement.
- Goodmother of five Cambodian children.
- Graduated from the CNSAD (National Conservatory of Dramatic Art of Paris)
- Her grandmother was polish actress from Czestochowa, named Mlynarczyk.
- Her companion was actor Mathieu Amalric. They were together from 2003 to 2004.
- Was offered the role of Dr. Ellie Sattler in Jurassic Park (1993), but turned it down to make Trois couleurs: Bleu (1993).
Photos of Juliette Binoche are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.