- Studied French and Russian literature while a student at Oxford.
- Studied at New College Oxford, but left to pursue her acting career before completing her degree course.
- Her mother, Judy Loe is an actress, and her father, Richard Beckinsale, was famous as a comedy actor.
- Attended grade/primary school at Flexlands Private School in London, England, she took ballet there and it was at this young age that her father died of a heart attack.
- Half-sister of Samantha Beckinsale.
- Got the lead female role in Pearl Harbor (2001) after Charlize Theron pulled out to do Sweet November (2001).
- Lost out to Juliette Binoche for a part in Wuthering Heights (1992).
- Has a daughter, Lily Sheen (b. 31 January 1999), with Welsh actor Michael Sheen.
- Suffers from stomach ulcers.
- According to an interview she gave on the UK show "The Big Breakfast" (1992) (December 2001), she hates wearing knickers.
- Selected by Hello Magazine as England's Number #1 Beauty.(2002)
- Richard Beckinsale's maternal grandfather - her great-grandfather - was Burmese.
- June 2003: Engaged to director Len Wiseman.
- Married Len Wiseman on 9th May 2004 at the Bel-Air Hotel. Her daughter, Lily, received her own "wedding ring" from Wiseman.
- Half sister-in-law of Richard Trinder.
- Spent her teens reading French, Russian and German novels because of her studies, and completed A-levels in Russian, German and French, which resulted in her admission to Oxford University.
- Won the prestigious WH Smith's Young Writers' competition two years running, once for her short stories, once for poetry.
- Ranked #63 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
- Shares a birthday with Sandra Bullock, Kevin Spacey and Jeremy Piven.
- Was in close competition for the role of Rachel Keller in The Ring (2002), but lost out because producers felt she looked too young.
- Normally slender, she gained twenty pounds for roles in 2004 - ten pounds for Van Helsing (2004) and another ten pounds to portray the voluptuous Ava Gardner in The Aviator (2004).
- Has played a vampire (Underworld (2003)) and a vampire hunter (Van Helsing (2004)).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Actress category for her performance in the film Van Helsing (2004), she failed to receive a nomination however.
- Named #23 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Met Len Wiseman when he directed her in Underworld (2003).
- Ranked as #71 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- She did not like Physical Education at school. It was also her worst subject.
- Was anorexic as a teenager
Photos of Kate Beckinsale are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.