- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars" in film history (#73). 
- Education: Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri; transferred after two years University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Maryland; B.F.A., 1977.
- Suffers from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Was immortalized in the 1980s song, "The Kiss of Kathleen Turner," by techno-pop singer Falco.
- She performed some of her own stunts in Romancing the Stone (1984), Undercover Blues (1993) and V.I. Warshawski (1991). Her nose was broken while filming V.I. Warshawski (1991).
- Spoke the voice (uncredited) of sexy Jessica Rabbit in the toon-noir Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988).
- Was considered for the lead in Basic Instinct (1992).
- Also attended the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
- Sister-in-law of fashion designer Donna Karan.
- Somewhat resembles Lauren Bacall (looks and voice).
- Her father, Richard, was a foreign service diplomat who was imprisoned by the Japanese during WWII.
- Upon meeting the legendary Lauren Bacall, to whom she has often been compared to, she reportedly introduced herself by saying, "Hi, I'm the young you."
- Daughter Rachel Ann Weiss born October 14, 1987
- Checked herself into Marworth in Waverly, Pennsylvania for alcohol abuse. [3 December 1999]
- Fluent in Spanish.
- She recieved a lifetime achievement award from the Savannah College of Art and Design at the Savannah Film Festival in October 2004.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1990 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for portraying Maggie the Cat in a revival of Tennessee Williams' "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
- Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2004
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2005 Tony Award as Best Actress in a Play for portraying Martha in the 2005 revival of Edward Albee' "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
- Has one eye that's blue and one eye that's hazel.
Photos of Kathleen Turner are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.