- Her father Martin is a lawyer and her mother Kathy is a homemaker and a philanthropist.
- Voted as "Babe of the Year 98" (Årets Babe 98) by Expressen Fredag, Sweden.
- Graduated from Notre Dame Academy, an all-girls Roman Catholic school in Toledo, Ohio.
- Chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21". 
- Dated actor and co-star of "Dawson's Creek" (1998), Joshua Jackson, while filming Season 1 of the show and part of Season 2. She refers to him as her first love. They remain great friends.
- Deferred attending Columbia University twice, but finally took a single photography class in the summer of 2000.
- Bought a Wilmington, North Carolina townhouse, while filming "Dawson's Creek" (1998), and lived there for ten months of the year.
- Turned down the lead role in 40 Days and 40 Nights (2002), due to scheduling conflicts.
- Auditioned for the role of Ellie Christianson in Wicked (1998), but Julia Stiles won the part.
- A small band from Japan have performed a song about her entitled "Katie"
- Was lined up to have a 3 episode guest spot on "Friends" (1994) but had to pull out due to scheduling conflicts
- Likes to run three to four miles a couple of times a week to clear her head.
- The first movie she ever saw was E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982).
- Her fantasy role was playing Sydney in Scream 3 (2000).
- The first concert she ever saw was Whitney Houston.
- Her favorite movie is My Best Friend's Wedding (1997).
- Sang Eponine's theme song, "On My Own" from Les Miserables, in an episode of "Dawson's Creek" (1998).
- Three older sisters: Tamera, Holly, Nancy. One older brother: Martin, Jr.
- Noisy underground British artist 'Firexit' has two songs with references to Katie, one called "K H" (Katie's initials) and a song called "The reason I can't have her" featuring samples of Katie singing 'On my own' from a "Dawson's Creek" (1998) episode.
- Auditioned for the role as Buffy Summers (_"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ , the series), but she was too young.
- December 2003 - She and Chris Klein are engaged.
- Bust 34C
- Ranked #35 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Engaged to actor Chris Klein December 2003 - March 2005. They were together for five years.
- Shares a birthday with Brad Pitt, Casper Van Dien, Christina Aguilera, DMX, film critic Leonard Maltin and legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg.
- Engaged to Tom Cruise as of 17th June 2005
- Has worked with two Batmans. In Batman Begins (2005), she works with Christian Bale. Her previous film was First Daughter (2004), in which her father, the President, is played by Michael Keaton.
- Named #22 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- The wedding date for her marriage to Tom Cruise has been set for July 7th 2006, months after their baby will be born.
- Holmes's couch-jumping-worthy engagement ring is a Edwardian-style oval- shaped diamond ring of about 5 carats in a pave setting.
- Katie and Tom Cruise became the parents of a girl named "Suri" on April 18, 2006 in Los Angeles. "Suri" weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 inches.
- Ranked as #72 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Her brother Martin works as a lawyer in Ohio.
Photos of Katie Holmes are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.