- Replaced Sean Young for the role of Vicki Vale in Batman (1989).
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#40). 
- Her agoraphobia could keep her housebound for up to six months at a time, before she received therapy to combat it.
- As a school child, she suffered from crippling shyness preventing her from reading aloud or answering questions in class.
- Studied ballet from age of 3 to mid-teens.
- Her father was an introspective, classically trained trumpter, while mom was a flamboyant, extroverted housewife Kim describes as "Lucy-like."
- Loved the movie My Fair Lady (1964) and the "Loverly" song in it, which prompted her dad to encourage her to enter local Junior Miss pageant and sing the song as her "talent." She didn't win, but later did succeed in competition to become the 'Breck (shampoo) Girl." This led to career as Ford model, then to acting.
- Her grandmother was part Cherokee Indian.
- Suffers from Agoraphobia.
- Went to high school with Keith Strickland of the 'B-52s' .
- Bought her own town, Braselton, in her home state of Georgia.
- Daughter, with Alec Baldwin, Ireland born. [October 23, 1995]
- Turned down the role in Basic Instinct (1992) that later went to Sharon Stone.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36. 
- When she reneged on her verbal agreement to star in Boxing Helena (1993) in 1993, the producers sued her for breach of contract and a jury ordered her to pay over $8 million, which ultimately forced Basinger to declare bankruptcy. Her appeal was ultimately accepted.
- Ex-sister-in-law of Daniel Baldwin, William Baldwin and Stephen Baldwin. Ex-cousin-in-law of Joseph Baldwin.
- Her last name is often mispronounced, so when she appeared with husband Alec Baldwin on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) on NBC, he asked her during the opening monologue how to pronounce it. In seriousness, she answered "BAY-sing-ger," with the final syllable used with a hard "g" as in "go."
- First "Bond Girl" (she played Domino in Never Say Never Again (1983) to win an Oscar (won for L.A. Confidential (1997)).
- Was a cheerleader at Athens High School.
- Measurments: 35 1/2C-24-35 1/2 (but mostly wears a 34C bra) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Recreated Molly Peters's massage scene in the Thunderball (1965) remake, Never Say Never Again (1983).
- She and Alec Baldwin met and fell in love in 1990 on the set of the trouble-plagued movie The Marrying Man (1991).
- Ex-sister-in-law of Chynna Phillips.
- Born on the same day as the late Sam Kinison.
- First actress to win an Oscar after appearing naked in Playboy magazine.
- She is of German, Swedish and Cherokee Indian ancestry.
- Has Irish Ancestry
- Turned down the title role in Boxing Helena (1993) that later went to Sherilyn Fenn.
- Almost didn't appear in L.A. Confidential because she was tired of playing prostitutes.
Photos of Kim Basinger are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.