- Aunt of actress, Natasha Gregson Wagner
- Author of "Natalie, A memoir" (1984)
- Made one movie with sister, Natalie Wood, The Searchers (1956)
- She did not endear herself to family members after her blatant memoir on late sister Natalie came out in 1985.
- Her parents are Russian immigrants.
- Her father changed the family's last name to Gurdin before she was born, which is why her sister Natalie Wood carried the original family last name Zackharenko at birth while Lana herself carried the new last name.
- Has a daughter, Evan, and three grandchildren - Daphne, Nicholas, and Max.
- Best known for playing Bond girl Plenty O'Toole, the unfortunate casino gal who gets thrown half naked out of a hotel window and into a pool in "Diamonds Are Forever" (1971). She was 25 then.
- Two of Lana's scenes as Plenty O'Toole in "Diamonds Are Forever" (1971) were deleted from the final film but are now available on DVD. The first scene is a deleted scene of Lana having dinner with Sean Connery. The second scene took place after Lana was thrown half naked into the pool; she returned to James Bond's apartment, soaking wet, wearing nothing but a white towel and to get the rest of her clothes and see what has become of Bond and sees him making love to Tiffany Case (Jill St. John). Before leaving, an agitated Lana took a card out of Tiffany's purse with her address on it; this second scene accounted for her death later in the film.
- Measurements: 36C/D-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Said that she had to stand on a box during most of her scenes with Sean Connery in "Diamonds Are Forever" because even with high heels she was too short to fit into the camera frame with him.
- Is portrayed by Nathalie Roy in The Mystery of Natalie Wood (2004) (TV)
- In two of her films her character is prominently featured being sent out of a window. In The Searchers (1956), where she played the young version of her older sister Natalie's character, she is sent out of a window and told to hide from the Indians who are coming to attack their range. In Diamonds Are Forever (1971) her character, Plenty O'Toole, is thrown half naked out of a hotel window to almost certain death (but survives by landing in the pool).
Photos of Lana Wood are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.