- Born at 7:48am-PST
- Daughter of Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd.
- Once engaged to Billy Bob Thornton.
- Once engaged to Jeff Goldblum for 2 years (1995-1997).
- Her great-grandfather was governor of Utah.
- Welcomed first child, son Ellery Walker, with boyfriend Ben Harper in Los Angeles. [21 August 2001]
- Had an elder sister, born in 1961, who drowned at the age of 18 months, years before Laura was born.
- Granddaughter of Mary Lanier
- When she was cast in Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1981) at the age of 13, her mother Diane Ladd refused to let her go, feeling she was too young to leave home for a movie shoot. Laura sued for emancipation and won, but the movie wasn't a hit.
- Announced engagment to Ben Harper in August 2004.
- Second child, Jaya, a daughter, with boyfriend Ben Harper, born in Los Angeles on 28 November 2004.
- She said that her idols are Katharine Hepburn, Barbara Stanwyck, and Lucille Ball.
- Hers and her mother's (Diane Ladd) Oscar nominations for Rambling Rose (1991) mark the first time a mother and daughter ever received Oscar nominations for the same movie.
- Played daughter to real-life mother Diane Ladd in 5 movies: Citizen Ruth (1996), Daddy and Them (2001), Rambling Rose (1991), Wild at Heart (1990) and White Lightning (1973)
- Both she and her mother, Diane Ladd, starred in 2 dinosaur-themed movies in 1993. Dern starred as Ellie Sattler in the box office smash Jurassic Park, while Ladd starred in the failed indie film Carnosaur.
Photos of Laura Dern are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.