- Her father is respected Off-Broadway playwright Romulus Linney.
- Has a sister, Susan Linney.
- Graduated from Brown University in 1986.
- 1990 graduate of the Juilliard School
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2002 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for portraying Elizabeth Proctor in a revival of Arthur Miller's "The Crucible."
- Graduated Northfield Mount Hermon School in 1982
- Her mother is a nurse.
- She says that she was the worst at reading and writing in her class.
- Clint Eastwood picked her for the part of Kate Whitney in his new movie Absolute Power (1997) after he saw her performance in Primal Fear (1996).
- Gained about 20 pounds for her role in Kinsey (2004), mainly by eating Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts.
- Has a yellow Labrador dog that she named Eleonora Duse, after the actress.
- Laura Linney was given the script for The Squid and the Whale (2005) by Eric Stoltz, her boyfriend at that time, while they were filming The House of Mirth (2000) in 2000. She agreed to do the film immediately, but it took four years to raise the financing.
- Won the 1994 Joe A. Callaway Award, for Best Performance in a Classic Drama, for her performance as Thea Elvsted in "Hedda Gabler."
- Nominated for the 2005 Tony Award for "Sight Unseen" (Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play).
- The writers Romulus Linney (father of Laura) and Jonathan Baumbach (father of Noah who directed Linney in "The Squid and the Whale"), spent time at Yaddo, an artists colony, where they knew each other well enough to have gotten into a car accident together.
Photos of Laure Linney are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.