- Was offered by Brian De Palma the role of "Kate Miller" in Dressed to Kill (1980), but turned it down on account of the violence of the theme and having a young daughter.
- Featured on the cover of the album "See The Ocean Blue," by The Ocean Blue(1996).
- Grew up in and went to school in Trondheim, Norway.
- Liv Tylers mother, Bebe Buell, named her after Liv Ullmann after seeing Ullman's picture on the cover of a magazine the week Bebe gave birth to Liv.
- According to herself, she is the only one of Ingmar Bergman's actresses that hasn't fallen in love with Erland Josephson.
- Revealed on a Norwegien talk-show November 2003 that the only TV shows she watches regularly are "Sex and the City" (1998) and "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)
- President of jury Festival International de Cannes 2001
- Was offered guest-starring role in the last episodes of the TV series "Sex and the City" (1998) that took place in Paris, France. At first she was delighted at the idea since she and her husband were both fans of the show, but when she received the script for the episodes she felt she wasn't right for the part, and backed out.
- On a Norwegian celebrity game-show she admitted that she one time accidentally washed her cat in the washing-machine (she managed to stop the machine before it was too late).
- Daughter, Linn Ullmann, with Ingmar Bergman
- Was twice nominated for Brodway's Tony Awards: in 1975, as Best Actress (Dramatic) for a revival of Henrik Ibsen's "A Doll's House," and in 1977, as Best Actress (Play) for a revival of Eugene O'Neill's "Anna Christie."
- Allready in 1977 she was made a Knight of the Order of St. Olav, in 1994 she was promoted to Commander of the Order of St. Olav, and in May 2005 she was made Commander with Star of the Order of St. Olav, a huge honor in Norway - rarely bestowed upon civilians.
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1978
- She and Ingmar Bergman made 10 movies together: Ansikte mot ansikte (1976), Höstsonaten (1978), Passion, En (1969), Persona (1966), Saraband (2003) (TV), Scener ur ett äktenskap (1973), _Serpent's Egg, The (1977)_ , Skammen (1968), Vargtimmen (1968) and Viskningar och rop (1972).
- Head of jury at the Berlin International Film Festival in 1984
- Outside Scandinavia she has constantly been mistaken for a Swede despite being 100% Norwegian. The reason for this mix-up is probably because non-Scandinavians don't realize how ordinary it is for Swedes and Norwegians to work across the borders in the film industry, and mainly because of her collaboration with Swedish filmmaker Ingmar Bergman. One example of this mistake is even evident here on the Internet Movie Database, where her nationality on the award page for the 2001 Cannes Film Festival (jury president) is listed as "Sweden."
- Her performance as Elisabet Vogler in "Persona" (1966) is ranked #49 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
Photos of Liv Ullmann are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.