- Was adopted as an infant by parents John and Nancy Phair.
- Son, James Nicholas Staskouskas was born on December 21, 1996.
- Relocated to Los Angeles with her son after splitting with husband Jim Staskouskas. Their divorce has yet to be finalized, and her ex lives right around the corner from her house.
- Is a feminist, and kept her maiden name in marriage.
- Ranked #94 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Her song "Why Can't I?" was used in the movie _13 Going On 30 (2004)_ . Coincidentally, she shares a birthday with the star of the movie, Jennifer Garner.
- Says she is even more of a feminist in 2004 than she was in the 1990s, and would like to pen a feminist handbook for young girls with friend, actor and fellow feminist Robin Tunney.
- All of her songs on her debut album "Exile In Guyville" were written when she was 21-23, and made a demo tape of all the songs, with many more, she had completely written herself, which are unreleased, the demo, made completely by herself of more than 25 songs.
- Suffered from stagefright earlier on but overcame it once her popularity grew in the mid-90's.
- Plays the guitar and piano, writes all of her own songs, and is an artist.
- Went to New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, as did Ralph Bellamy, Charlton Heston, Rock Hudson, Hugh O'Brien, Ann-Margret, Bruce Dern, Penelope Milford, Virginia Madsen, and Adam Baldwin.
- Attended Oberlin College in Ohio as an Art History major.
Photos of Liz Phair are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.