- Is a coloratura soprano that started her career singing on the radio before age 13
- Her role model and favorite actress is the lyrical soprano/actress, Jeanette MacDonald
- Grew up watching Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy movies
- Best known as 'Milly' in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)
- Was bridesmaid for Elizabeth Taylor for her first marriage. Taylor was bridesmaid for Powell's first marriage.
- Sang at the Inauguration Ball for Harry S. Truman, January 20, 1949.
- Roddy McDowall, a friend from the beginning of Jane's Hollywood career and the remainder of his life, was an usher at her first wedding.
- Jane replaced June Allyson and Judy Garland for the part in Royal Wedding (1951), after June became pregnant and Judy became ill.
- When the Burce family first arrived in Hollywood, they rented Donald Meek's house.
- Learned and loved to cook before she was 10 years old
- At the age of 12, Jane Powell was selected "Oregon Victory Girl".
- Her father worked for Wonder Bread for almost 2 decades, before the family moved to Oakland.
- Worked with Howard Keel in a few more plays after her movie career was over. They preformed together in "I Do, I Do!" and "South Pacific".
- Although one of the best singers of her time, Jane Powell never learned to play an instrument or read music.
- Measurements: 33 1/2-22 1/2-33 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Attended ´Agnes Peters Dancing School` (Portland, Oregon).
- Christened the ship "Peter Skene Ogden". (It was torpedoed and sank in WWII - 22nd February 1944).
- Dated dancer Stanley Catron after meeting on the set of Song of the Open Road (1944).
- Her husband 'Patrick Nerney' bought her a pair of diamond earings and due to her fear of needles she figured the only feasable way of wearing them was to have her ears pierced under anesthetic. Upon discovering she was pregnant with her last daughter, Lindsay Averille, she explained to the doctor that he could only handle her case if he would pierce her ears whilst she was on the delivery table - he agreed and the operation was undertaken.
- Alongside the actress Elizabeth Taylor, other bridesmaids at her wedding to Geary Anthony Steffen Jnr. included Roddy McDowell's sister Virginia Powell, Betty Sullivan ('Ed Sullivan' 's daughter) and her good friend Margie Dillon.
- Son Geary ("G.A.") born 1951. Daughter Suzanne Ileen ("Sissy") born 1952. Daughter Lindsey born 1956.
- One of her hobbies is gardening.
- First husband Geary Steffin gained fame as a professional figure skater partnering with Sonja Henie. They appeared in ice carnivals as well as motion pictures during the 1940s. He recently passed away on July 14, 2004 in Santa Monica, California.
- Is portrayed by Marnette Patterson in Liz: The Elizabeth Taylor Story (1995) (TV)
- Has performed before five U.S. Presidents and the Queen of England.
Photos of Lorraine Burnett are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.