- Education: Was graduated from the Juilliard School in New York, and Earned master's degree in psychology at LA's Antioch University.
- Family: Father Mark, mother Janet, sisters Susan and Ellen
- Played a doctor on "Melrose Place" (1992), "Everwood" (2002) and episode #9.7 of "Seinfeld" (1990).
- Longtime companion of Richard Jordan, until his death in 1993; since then, she did not date anyone seriously, until her engagement in 2005.
- Nominated for her first awards in 2004 - Golden Globe, Golden Satelitte Award, TV Guide Award and SAG Award.
- Shares a birthday with Sarah Jessica Parker and "Desperate Housewives" (2004) co-star Brenda Strong.
- Was the last of the four main actresses of "Desperate Housewives" (2004) to get married for the first time in real-life.
- She and her future "Desperate Housewives" (2004) co-star Brenda Strong both starred in "Everwood" (2002). Strong guest-starred in a few episodes while Cross was a steady cast-member from 2003-2004. They never were in the same episodes. They also both guest-starred in different episodes of "Ally McBeal" (1997).
- Placed 28 on VH1's List Of "The 40 Hottest People Over 40" In 2005.
- Engaged to stockbroker, Tom Mahoney (b. 1958), in August, 2005.
- Placed 20 on E! Television's List Of "The 50 Most Wicked Women of Primetime" for playing Kimberly Shaw on "Melrose Place" (1992).
- She and "Desperate Housewives" (2004) co-star Teri Hatcher both made guest appearances on "Seinfeld" (1990) as prospective girlfriends of Jerry Seinfeld.
- Has suffered from migraine headaches since the age of 14. She is a paid spokesperson for GlaxoSmithKline's migraine medication. She says she takes the medication when the first signs of the onset of migraine occur. With the medication, the pain is bearable and rarely lasts more then five hours. Without the medication, the pain completely wipes her out for up to a full day.
- Placed 91 on People Magazine's List Of "The 100 Most Beautiful People In The World" In 2006.
- Was named The Most Beautiful Person At The 2005 Emmy Awards
- Married Tom Mahoney in San Gabriel, California at the Church of Our Savior Episcopal Parish
- Wore a wedding dress by Reem Acra
- Her sister Susan was maid of honor at her wedding to Mahoney and her nephew Jared the ring bearer. Her other sister Ellen sang the song "Only Love Remains" for Marcia and her husband.
- Among the 220 guests at her wedding were Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman, Brenda Strong and William H. Macy.
Photos of Marcia Cross are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.